Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I really don't care for multiplayer Metroid. If they want to make a new franchise that is an FPS do that, but leave Metroid in the way it should be and JUST RELEASE THE GAME ALREADY!!!!

Anyways, I have read on the internet that Super Paper Mario is coming out in April... Anybody with the new Nintendo Power can confirm it? Also I read it has new screenshots of the game.

Also I hope Fire Emblem comes out this year... the game is a direct sequel to PoR and Sothe was the green haired dude and the girl is his sister...

I just can't wait for that game and it's even longer than the GC one. FE:GoD is supposed to have 44 missions... which is a lot more than FE:POR.

Quick question. Is anyone else getting motion sick after playing Elebits?

I can play maybe one short round before I start getting woozy. I've been able to get through the first 9 stages in several sittings with no problem, but not anymore it seems. I am prone to getting car sick if I don't keep my eyes on the road (like reading a book or something, which isn't strange), but I've never in my life have I gotten sick playing video games. Whats worse is that it sticks with me for a while after I play. I don't want to take Dramamine to play video games :(.

On further google investigation, this seems to be a somewhat common problem.

Quick question. Is anyone else getting motion sick after playing Elebits?

I can play maybe one short round before I start getting woozy. I've been able to get through the first 9 stages in several sittings with no problem, but not anymore it seems. I am prone to getting car sick if I don't keep my eyes on the road (like reading a book or something, which isn't strange), but I've never in my life have I gotten sick playing video games. Whats worse is that it sticks with me for a while after I play. I don't want to take Dramamine to play video games :(.

On further google investigation, this seems to be a somewhat common problem.

I do. I'm glad it isn't just me.

You might be right, but what doesn't make sense for me is that I played it several times before it effected me, instead of just initially getting sick. It might tie into the fact that I felt sort of groggy today to begin with, which is what happened last time too. Last time I felt like crap for a day or two afterwards and I picked up it up again tonight and played it for 15 minutes tops before it effected me. Guess we'll see how I do tomorrow.

Also, Zelda:LTTP was released on the virtual console today. Tempting, but I'm still holding out only for Super Metroid and Mario Kart 64 (and maybe the minuscule chance of Goldeneye).

Well, my bro and I decided to get LTTP. My SNES controllers are busted up and I really don't feel like looking for a really good conditioned SNES controller.

I can't wait for Super Metroid.

wii post

I'm thinking of buying alttp, but my brain won't let me seeing as how my super nintendo and alttp cartridge still work fine.us

I can't wait for super metroid either.

I can't wait for super metroid either.

Who ISN'T wating for Super Metroid? :P

Well, thanks to A Link to the Past being added to the VC, it prompted me to look for a classic controller online (since I've learned over these few months that I'm not going to get a controller of any kind in-store for the Wii anytime soon). Turns out amazon had them in-stock for retail cost (I'm not going to buy one for over retail...boo for console/controller scalpers), so once that arrives in a couple days I'll finally get to play A Link to the Past, Mario 64, and Super Castlevania.

Still hoping for Capcom to release some of the Megaman/Megaman X series onto the VC.

I finally got my internet to work on my Wii, but now my controller keeps dying on me, every 5 seconds.

At first I thought it was just my batteries being dead, but then I realized I never had the warning message.

So I put in my new (rechargeble) batteries and the same thing happens...The blue light on the Wiimote just goes out and the pointer fades from the screen.

Also, by pressing A it sometimes comes back, but then it just fanishes again within 5 seconds.

I recall someone having the same problem and wrote about it in the oooold Wii tread.

Anyone know what to do about it? Maybe it'll be fine tomorrow, just seems weird.

Who ISN'T wating for Super Metroid? :P

I'm actually not. I already have it on SNES, and especially with the Classic Controller there's not gonna be enough of a difference to warrant another purchase. Maybe if there were upgrades announced soon...

Still hoping for Capcom to release some of the Megaman/Megaman X series onto the VC.

Might be a while, considering the Megaman Anniversary Collection and Megaman X Collection are available on GC and run just as well on Wii. And even then, they'd have to make 'em comparably cheap.

They could use it to finally release that GB collection though. Or some Megaman games not seen on the collections(Rockboard, Megaman Soccer, Megaman & Bass and various other spinoffs)

For those who were getting motion sickness from Elebits:

What exactly makes you sick? Is it the colours, or bright lights/flashes or the whole gravity thing? I can imagine the latter would freak out yer eye to brain connection the first time.

Also, what does the manual say?

I think its just the on screen movement, but I've been playing PC FPSs for years and its almost the same mechanics. My guess is because the movement isn't immediate like with a mouse, I'm trying to look towards where I'm turning instead of just following my movement is messing around with me. Darting my eyes around looking for Elebits probably doesn't help either.

I also didn't bring my Elebits manual with me to school, so I'm curious if the manual mentions anything about this.

Destructoid had a short article about this too.

http://www.destructoid.com/wii-fps-games-cause-motion-sickness--28817.phtml

Looks like Mario Kart 64 next week.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070123/latu078.html?.v=91

But new titles don't begin to describe the array of game action available on Wii. With yesterday's Virtual Console release of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past from the NES®, the library of downloadable Wii titles grows to 42. Also, next week will see the addition of an all-time favorite, Mario Kart 64. Nintendo will continue to make weekly announcements to update Wii owners about upcoming releases.

Guess I've been missing these announcements. Also must finally be the slow period after Christmas, since they're releasing some of the bigger guns.

Looks like Mario Kart 64 next week.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070123/latu078.html?.v=91

Guess I've been missing these announcements. Also must finally be the slow period after Christmas, since they're releasing some of the bigger guns.

I do hope Europe gets it either this week(Doubtful), or next week. I can't wait to play it again, especially knowing how much better N64 games look on Wii because of the higher resolution, sharper graphics and lack of blur(Just compare Mario 64 on both)

Looks like SSX Blur is making an interesting use of the Wiimote. I love it.

Doing Uber Moves for example:

ssx-blur-20070124042151502-000.jpg

To execute this Uber move, you simply make the gesture of a giant 'M' with the Wii remote. The bigger you make the circle at the top, the more likely you are to nail the trick, according to EA.

ssx-blur-20070124042108408-000.jpg

To nail it, you'll need to remain patient and carefully draw both symbols before you land the trick.

ssx-blur-20070124041655269-000.jpg

EA explains, "Think of this as a triangle with a little loop on the top." To effectively execute the move, you can't forget to gesture the straight lines.

This game is definitely shaping up nicely IMO. :D

I do hope Europe gets it either this week(Doubtful), or next week. I can't wait to play it again, especially knowing how much better N64 games look on Wii because of the higher resolution, sharper graphics and lack of blur(Just compare Mario 64 on both)

We just got it this morning(!), so expect to see it Monday.

Got WarioWare yesterday. Probably the best looking game on Wii so far. The character art is wonderfully colourful and crisp. More animation than the handheld titles too.

And the form voice over guy is indeed awesome.

Figured I'd check if the news channel was up before I went to sleep and voila, there it is.

The interface is pretty cool. The hint cat from the Photo Channel is there as well.

On a rather interesting note, under the Technology section it has an article about the PS3 European launch date. Odd as it may be, it's nice to see the AP isn't forced to censor what goes on the channel.