Touhou music?

Akuma-sama

For those who don't know, Touhou is a series of Japanese wall-of-fire shooters for PC (with one fighting game and a few other user-created spinoff like Super Marisa Land). They're pretty challenging games (I keep getting clocked at stage 5 at Normal), but most of all their music is pretty damn catchy.

There are plenty of Touhou remixes out there already, but I would love to hear the takes some of the remixers here would make on them.

I don't think I can offer links to downloads, but do a quick Google for "Touhou games" and you won't have to look very far... you'd have to import them otherwise.

Hint: Wikis don't offer downloads.

Discussion?

• 2 years later...

You should have come to me... or looked at my posts related to touhou...

500GB+ of albums and still growing~!

Games are fun too, though I've still not tried the recent fighter title that came out a while ago.

I've also placed a request here a good while ago as well but nothing came out of it. Perhaps this time something will. If a "sample track" is needed I can provide it.

Also Akuma it helps if you make a statement as to what track you'd like to see remixers of OCR to attempt.

There is ONE metal remix I know of in existence. It's on Dwelling of Duels.

http://dod.vgmix.com/past/2009-05-may/

it's the song that got 4th place (out of like 20!)

There are tons of metal Touhou remixes in the doujin scene. Unfortunately I can't specify any particular ones because I'm not familiar with Touhou remixes much at all, but they are out there.

Also, there is one Touhou remix here at OCR.

Yeah, wouldn't an OC Remix of a Touhou game be epic?

I know my fav, and probably the most well known, is "U.N. Owen Was Her". I know its been a bit overused as of late, but I'm sure some remixer could do something crafty with it.

Here's the youtube link:

If some ReMixes "U.N. Owen was her" it'll be epic! That's one of my top ten game songs. :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

Japanese Touhou remixes are EVERYWHERE on Niconico and Youtube, but remixes by Western fans are extremely rare.

We definitely need to have some more OverClocked Touhou. Personally, I'd love to hear a remix of "A Tiny, Tiny, Clever Commander" from Touhou 12, because I haven't found too many Japanese remixes of that yet.

I'd love to hear a remix of "A Tiny, Tiny, Clever Commander" from Touhou 12, because I haven't found too many Japanese remixes of that yet.

is relatively
Nazrin's theme's

Though I'm quite partial to Tatara Kogasa's theme. :wink:

Aside from one mix that did join the ranks of OCR I have great doubts any other track will be remixed by OCR for a long time.

A remix of Septette for the Dead Princess (perhaps in the style of Pavane for the Dead Princess? Oh ho ho, I'm so clever) would be something that would be pretty cool, in my eyes.

Metal remixes of said song fall flat on their asses.

UN Owen is a bit too overused, in my eyes. Gotta find the hidden gems. If there are such things in the Touhou series.