Sandwich recipe

zircon

Hey guys, I was cooking breakfast this morning and I decided to randomly put a bunch of stuff in a sandwich. It worked and tasted really, really good. Here's the recipe, which will make enough for several sandwiches:

* Two slices of American cheese (mozzarella is OK too)

* Three pieces of boneless chicken (tenderloins work well)

* Two cups of pasta (anything but spaghetti - rotini or ziti are good)

* Canola or vegetable oil

* Marinara sauce

* A little bit of parmesan cheese and seasoning

* Stovetop

So, first, unthaw the chicken. Once it's soft enough to cut up, slice it into little pieces. Then, start cooking the pasta as normal (boil water, put pasta in). Once you've actually put in the pasta to the boiling water, put a little bit of water into a frying pan of some kind and begin heating that. Once the water is evaporating rapidly, dump the water out and pour a couple tablespoons of the canola/vegetable oil in. Then, put the chicken into the pan.

So now you should be simultaneously cooking pasta and chicken. Once the chicken is just about visibly cooked (white) on all sides, lay the cheese slices on top. Using the utensil of your choice, chop up the chicken + cheese and mix it around so it's a continuous blend. Once the cheese is thoroughly melted you will want to pour the cooked pasta (STRAIN FIRST) into the frying pan w/ the chicken. If the pasta isn't ready yet, remove the frying pan from the burner, but leave the burner on, and just keep moving around the chicken+cheese mixture so it doesn't stick or become lumpy.

Once the pasta is in with the chicken and cheese, pour in a decent amount of marinara sauce. Maybe 1/4 cup or so, then start mixing that in with everything else. Assuming you used white cheese, the saucey blend will turn an orange-ish hue, which is what you want. Keep mixing everything constantly throughout this whole process. Once the blend is continuous, pour on a bit of seasoning and parmesan cheese. You can also add a little salt and pepper if you want. Mix until you feel it's ready, then simply put the mess of stuff on to some bread. I suggest toasting the bread first - you can even but a little butter or olive oil on it to improve the taste.

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Bread

Ground Beef

Cheese (I like Monteray Jack for that recipe)

Chili Sauce

Cook the ground beef, then throw in the chili sauce. When the sauce is mostly absorbed in the meat, throw in the cheese.

Then, put the cheese/meat/sauce mix in between slices of bread, put that on a pan and put it in the oven until the bread is toasted.

Enjoy.

I first saw the recipe and like "Damn, that's one monster sandwich," what with two cups of pasta. Then I saw that it makes multiple.

Also, just as a matter of semantics, wouldn't unthaw technically mean to refreeze?

Haha, well, theoretically it could be just an enormous sub. That would be badass. And like 1500 calories.

And... yeah, you'd think unthaw would mean re-freeze, but it doesn't. I shouldn't say it, I suppose, but it happens sometimes. Same deal as like flammable and inflammable - technically, in the dictionary, they mean the same thing (just like thaw & unthaw).

I first saw the recipe and like "Damn, that's one monster sandwich," what with two cups of pasta. Then I saw that it makes multiple.

Also, just as a matter of semantics, wouldn't unthaw technically mean to refreeze?

Haha, well, theoretically it could be just an enormous sub. That would be badass. And like 1500 calories.

And... yeah, you'd think unthaw would mean re-freeze, but it doesn't. I shouldn't say it, I suppose, but it happens sometimes. Same deal as like flammable and inflammable - technically, in the dictionary, they mean the same thing (just like thaw & unthaw).

Just seems like it would be a double negative. Hm, even dictionary.com says unthaw (and dethaw, for that matter) are synonymous with thaw. Odd, but...there you go.

Now, for my sandwich...

1 can tuna, drained

1 small apple, diced

1-2 tbsp chopped walnuts, toasted

2-3 tbsp raisins

3-4 tbsp plain, fat-free yogurt

4 slices whole wheat bread, lightly toasted and cooled

salt and pepper to taste

In a bowl, combine the tuna, apple, walnuts, raisins, yogurt, and salt and pepper. Mix gently. Apply to the bread. Enjoy. (Makes two sandwiches)

Note: I don't really measure the ingredients, I just judge it by eye.

The best damn tuna sandwich I've ever had.

Also, while reading through this thread, I could not help but remember what I heard of This Week in Tech. Seems McDonald's is attempting to patent the sandwich. :lol: