Sandwich recipe

zircon

My uncles side of the family (All hardcore Italians) make some of the best food I have ever eaten. If I asked them for some sort of cookbook and posted it on here, I would garantee some tremendous weight gain in everyone.

And your sandwich sounds splendid Mr. Zircon, I will remember that when I'm fumbling through my kitchen with no real goal except to eat.

*ahem*

Peanut Butter and Jam Sandwiches, internet-style

#1: but PB on both slices of bread, so that the jam doesn't make it soggy. May squirt out if you bite to vigorously.

#2: use toast. duh.

#3: freeze the sammich (any model), and it'll thaw for lunch. MMM!

#4: (the ultimate): use 3 pieces of bread, ordered as such:

Bread

P-nut

Jam

Toasted bread!

Jam

P-nut

Bread

NOTHING GETS SOGGY! IT'S HUGE! THE TOAST IN THE MIDDLE CREATES WONDERFUL TEXTURE! FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Other than the fact that the chicken doesn't have a breadcrumb and parmesan cheese (and maybe some oregano, if you like) coating, Zircon basically described chicken parmigiana on a bun. As chicken parm is one of my favourite dishes, I approve. I shall have to make this sometime after Christmas (as I'll be out of town over Christmas visiting my wife's and my parents).

I remember hearing about your sandwich on IRC. Pasta in a sandwich still makes me yrk though, no idea why, haha!

Here's mine (more like panini(1 or 2 n?) than regular sandwich):

- Ciabatta bread

- Roman or Boston lettuce

- sliced ham (maple smoked is particulary good)

- capicollo (the strong/spicy kind)

- smoked turkey

- pastrami and/or other kinds of meat, you get the idea

- vegetables. I don't add tomatoes since i don't like them other than in sauce, but i like having thin cucumber slices, broccoli and/or cauliflower instead. Add what you prefer.

- cheddar, gouda, monterry jack and/or mozzarella cheese, once again as you prefer.

- Add mayo, oil or whatever you prefer in it. I usually don't add anything, except sometimes some ceasar salade dressing for a change.

Ok, so once you've been able to cram everything in your sandwich, you just need to roast the thing. I guess using the oven could work, i've never tried. I use a non-sticky frying pan on med-low heat, to make sure that the inside of the sandwich won't stay cold while the outside is burnt. Flipping the thing shouldn't be too hard, unless you're not holding the top or that your hands are full of thumbs. Just start by roasting the round part instead of the flat if you think it will tip over in the pan when you flip it. Or if you're one of the few who thinks they'll always make that kind of sandwich, you can use/get a panini(sp?) grill thingy, which is just like a waffle maker, but flat so you can crush the sandwich in there to roast both sides at the same time.

And there you go! Almost restaurant worthy food, and it only takes about 15 mins to make. You won't need a 2nd serving with this sandwich, i'm pretty sure ;)

Other than the fact that the chicken doesn't have a breadcrumb and parmesan cheese (and maybe some oregano, if you like) coating, Zircon basically described chicken parmigiana on a bun. As chicken parm is one of my favourite dishes, I approve. I shall have to make this sometime after Christmas (as I'll be out of town over Christmas visiting my wife's and my parents).

Well, the difference is in how the chicken is prepared (on stovetop vs. baked) and how everything is mixed in a saucepan into one uniform blend.... but I can see the similarity. :)

The 55-page patent' date=' which has been filed in the US and Europe, covers the [b']'simultaneous toasting of a bread component'.

Garnishes of lettuce, onions and tomatoes, as well as salt, pepper and ketchup, are inserted into a cavity in a 'sandwich delivery tool'.

The 'bread component' is placed over the cavity and the assembly tool is inverted to tip out the contents. Finally, the filling is placed in the 'bread component'.

BREAD COMPONENT

CAVITY

SIMULTANEOUS TOASTING

SANDWICH DELIVERY TOOL

:lol:

One that took me half an hour to eat, so worth it:

- take two slices of granery bread

- butter one side, homous on the other

- put some chedders on one side, some mozerella on the other

- lots of lettuce and whatever salad type things you like

- grill up some falafels and cut em up into the sandwhich

- put in some yummy chilli oil soaked olives for funsies

- eat

- enjoy

Works with a nice toasted pitta bread aswell.

• 1 year later...

*casts lifespell on dead thread

IT LIVES!!! I DEMAND MORE RECIPES/TIPS ON DELICIOUS FOOD!

So, I have recently discovered that melted parmesan cheese (shredded) tastes quite good on a variety of foods including but not limited to, sandwiches, eggs, salad, beef, and chicken.

Also, some useless trivia, this was the 5th oldest thread in community.

We should have an annual "Revive a dead thread day"... maybe get some good topics that died prematurely up and running again.

This is a simple one that I'm sure everyone has tried. I had one this morning and it was darn tasty, so I figured it might be worth reiterating just in case anyone hasn't made one before.

Toasted English Muffin
A slice or two of bacon or ham (prepared however you like it; i.e., fried, boiled, etc.)
One egg (Again, any way you want. I fried mine, sunny side up)
Your favorite cheese

It's basically a McDonald's Egg McMuffin, if you've ever had one before, but a lot better IMO. You might want to try a bite and then decide if it needs any salt or pepper. I could also see this working well with katsup and/or peppers. It's worth experimenting with.

Philly cheese steak:

* 1/2lb of ribeye steak

* One of the following (in order of preference) - Cheese Whiz, American Cheese, or Mozzerella

* Sandwich roll, ~12 inches

* Ketchup

* Optional: Onions, Salt, Pepper

1. Slice up the steak into ultra-thin strips.

2. Heat a saucepan on high, put in some canola/vegetable oil when it's hot enough that drops of water evaporate instantly on contact.

3. Put the slices of beef into the saucepan all at once.

4. Because the beef is so thin, they will cook very quickly - likely in less than 60 seconds. However, you must use a spatula to move the meat around constantly and flip it so it does not burn.

5. Around when the beef has reached medium-rare status, add your cheese, salt, pepper, and onions (whichever of those you want).

6. Let it cook just a tiny bit longer then take the whole mess and slop it on to your sandwich roll.

7. Add ketchup.

8. Eat.

If you're ever in Amherst, Massachusetts, the Black Sheep cafe has some of the best sandwiches you'll ever eat. They have some really interesting combinations and they are stuffed full of meats and veggies. They even have a good range of vegetarian and vegan options. And their brownies are to die for!

Philly cheese steak:

* 1/2lb of ribeye steak

* One of the following (in order of preference) - Cheese Whiz, American Cheese, or Mozzerella

* Ketchup

2. Heat a saucepan on high, put in some canola/vegetable oil when it's hot enough that drops of water evaporate instantly on contact.

4. Because the beef is so thin, they will cook very quickly - likely in less than 60 seconds. However, you must use a spatula to move the meat around constantly and flip it so it does not burn.

5. Around when the beef has reached medium-rare status, add your cheese, salt, pepper, and onions (whichever of those you want).

6. Let it cook just a tiny bit longer then take the whole mess and slop it on to your sandwich roll.

7. Add ketchup.

8. Eat.

Mmmmmmmmm!

Philly cheese steak:

* 1/2lb of ribeye steak

* Ketchup

7. Add ketchup.

8. Eat.

Man you're making my stomach growl. I've actually had a philly Cheese Steak when I was in Philly visiting family from NJ and PA. SOOOOOOO much better than in other states.