VGMusic.com turns 10

Powerlord

That's right, good old VGMusic.com celebrates its 10th Anniversary today (December 19, 2006).

To celebrate its 10th Anniversary, we're giving one lucky winner the top 10 soundtracks on Gamemusic.com's Game Music Top-40 chart.

Giveaway ends at 2006-12-25 23:59:59 EST (one second before midnight Christmas day).

Edit: There's now a secure contest form, but you have to accept the SSL certificate for the current session.

Congrats on the milestone. I have some fond memories of checking VGMusic for my favorite tracks since I didn't have the bandwidth to download MP3s. ;)

Still, perhaps this would be an opportune time to consider a redesign? I mean, the site doesn't even have a search function, or anyway to sort by anything other than system/game. It'd be a colossal undertaking to be sure, but I think it'd be worth it and might go a ways towards revitalizing the site.

VGMusic was the first video game music website I visited, as well. I was also on dial-up and stuck to downloading MIDIs for faster access to some of my favorite video game tunes. Good ol' Wingroove and folder filled with video game goodness helped pass the time on some cold winter nights.

I still visit every day to see what's new. Keep up the good work!

Great site, been visting it for most of those 10 years. I've ripped many a midi. :wink:

For any who cares, around 1999 or so I did a bunch of midi mixes that I posted on vgmusic.com using the screenname "The Minstrel."

And I also, for some strange reason, released a transciption of a piece from the NES Wizardry under the name Robin Crusoe.

I've released music using a ridiculous number of names--I'm sneaky like that.

So VGMusic is finally 2-digital in age, huh? Congratulations!

Still, perhaps this would be an opportune time to consider a redesign? I mean, the site doesn't even have a search function, or anyway to sort by anything other than system/game.

A sidebar could solve that problem.

Still, perhaps this would be an opportune time to consider a redesign? I mean, the site doesn't even have a search function, or anyway to sort by anything other than system/game. It'd be a colossal undertaking to be sure, but I think it'd be worth it and might go a ways towards revitalizing the site.

A redesign has been considered, and technically one is under way.

The catch is that development has fallen behind.