Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - Twilight Remix (Ibuki Theme) *UPDATED* 4/13/20

My goal in creating this arrangement was to produce something soft in texture, and moderately more upbeat than the source material. I incorporated wah wah guitar, a simpler drum pattern, finger style bass, a koto, and a tremolo synth. The end result is something faithful to the motifs of the original composition, but divergent from its more aggressive aspects (e.g. the sub bass, and layered drum pattern). For those of you that are curious, the song title, "hayai kaze," means "swift wind" in Japanese. When I think of a ninja running through the night, I think of the movement of a swift wind, so it seemed fitting as a title for Ibuki's theme. I'm currently waiting on the judge's panel to make a decision about a Jazzy NYC remix I submitted last year, but once I get word on that mix, I'll be submitting this one next. Feedback is of course welcome.

Song Title: "Hayai Kaze" (Twilight Remix)

Originally Composed By: Hideki Okugawa

Arranged and Performed By: The Native Dialect

BPM: 120

Style: Smooth Jazz

Hardware: iMac

Software: GarageBand, Audacity

"Hayai Kaze" (Twilight Remix)

Source:

Edited by Native Dialect
Updated the project

Rather than create a new post, I thought it better to keep the board clutter to a minimum, and simply add the updated information to my existing thread. I truly gave my best effort with my previous  remix, but after doing some deep listening, and properly juxtaposing my remix and the source material, I felt there was room for improvement, so I decided to revisit my Twilight remix, and give it a few updates.

Changes include:

- An 808 kick added to create a deeper bass tone

- An entirely new drum beat to give the music more intensity

- Additional repetitions of the shakuhachi to be more like the original music

- A new tremolo synth as a nod to the arranged mix of Twilight on the Sega Dreamcast version of Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

- A faster tempo to give the music more intensity

- Revised the main synth progression to match the original music

- Revised the bass line to match the original music

In sum, these revisions were put forth in order to make my remix sound more like Hideki Okugawa's original composition in the areas where it matters most. Though I still love my first attempt at remixing Twilight, I readily concede that it was perhaps too mellow. Hopefully, this revision remedies that issue. I hope you all enjoy this remix!

Song Title: "Street Ninja" (Twilight Remix)

Originally Composed By: Hideki Okugawa

Arranged and Performed By: The Native Dialect

BPM: 124

Style: Hip Hop

Hardware: iMac Software: GarageBand, Audacity

Street Ninja (Twilight Remix)

Edited by Native Dialect

• 2 years later...

Hello Ms. Native Dialect,

I just wanted to tell you i love this remix! I've been a fan of your work since i first heard your remixes over a decade ago on YouTube. You have great musical talent & I look forward to every remix you make regardless if it gets posted on this site or not! Also in my humble opinion i like the first remix "hayai kaze" a bit more than the 2nd because it adds new flavor to an old classic, which is refreshing to listen to. Thank you for letting us enjoy your love of music along with you =)