OCR00186 - Maniac Mansion "[go w*ld]"

m68030

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
How did I miss the fact that Zeratul reuploaded this?

I've had it since 2003.

This sounds wonderful :)

The full version was uploaded before OCR01500. There was never any announcement, I just noticed (while going through lockdown stuff) that the previous version had cut off and checked Benedikt's homepage to see if the mix was indeed only 2:16 long.

• 5 months later...

The bass drum in the should require a license to use, it's that potent. Sounds awesome!

It sucks that this was chopped off for such a long time, after the previous cutoff point is where things started to get really interesting. I suppose when I say interesting, I mean completely nuts. This song has been seriously abused in the processing department, and it doesn't sound like anything else i've heard on the site. There is a lot of off-beat lines tempowise, but it is pretty clearly intentional with all of the other "controlled" chaos smacking song bits around.

Very creative, very chaotic, and while not quite dance able, it will make you think.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

Yep, this is crazy and chaotic alright. While I normally don't mix wild mixed up ReMixes, I think the dissonance and difference in speeds of the various samples throws me off too much to enjoy this mix as much as I could. But it's not so overpowering that I couldn't listen to it at any point, and I think the last minute pulled together nicely. Not a favorite of mine, but still fairly decent.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00186 - Maniac Mansion "[go w*ld]"