What happening ?

Rest1

okay 2019 we are already seventh month, almost going to the eighth, and we only had 1 album on OcRemix this year? what's up? Lack of ideas for albums I know this does not, lack of remixers? I do not know, I miss the most active site, there are weeks that we barely have remixes, and when there are are repost of mixes that are already in albums released previously, please to the administrators, OcRemix needs to come back more active, do not leave the website die please. Sorry for that, but let's rekindle OcRemix from the old days.

13 hours ago, Rest1 said:

okay 2019 we are already seventh month, almost going to the eighth, and we only had 1 album on OcRemix this year? what's up? Lack of ideas for albums I know this does not, lack of remixers? I do not know, I miss the most active site, there are weeks that we barely have remixes, and when there are are repost of mixes that are already in albums released previously, please to the administrators, OcRemix needs to come back more active, do not leave the website die please. Sorry for that, but let's rekindle OcRemix from the old days.

By this time last year, there was only 1 album released, and we ended 2018 with 6. I don't know if that much material's in the works this year, but it's all up to what the community finishes and what we have time to publish; we definitely have one more in the hopper for later this year. For ReMixes, last year had 180 mixes posted, so I'll work to boost that up and hopefully get more than 180 during this year. :-) Most album mixes go through the regular submission process just like any other track, and deserve the same spotlight; for the people that don't check out the albums, which are many, that material's new to them. The OC ReMix of the old days in terms of having 300+ mixes posted was back when djp was single and had a ton more free time, but we're not letting the site die. We'll be at it until we have dentures. :-)

Don't you worry - we're still alive and kickin'. Lots of work on the back end of the site going on at the moment in order to make sure that things keep moving on the site, which while less noticeable is important in keeping the site moving along with little problem.

Generally, it's easy to think that OCR isn't what it used to be, and in some ways you're correct - what OCR used to be was a monolith of a site where most VG arrangements were vetted and distributed. Today, though, we have sites like Youtube, the Materia collective, Pixel Mixers, etc., that all distribute VG arrangements elsewhere, which is only a good thing for the community at large. It does look like it shrinks OCR's contribution to the community by comparison, but it's really an illusion: take a look at OCR in 2009 and compare it to today, and you'll find that we've grown considerably in that time. Forum activity has waned, but that's true across the spectrum; a lot of communities have moved onto things like Discord (of which OCR still has an active and thriving community - check it out), so that's less telling of OCR's condition and more the state of the internet in general.

Concerning albums, we generally don't officially direct any albums - that's entirely community based. If you want more albums to be made, then by all means help out with those that are already in the works (you can check em' out in the Projects forum), or you can get to recruitin' for one. Had a wonderful album come out recently from a relative newer member (who isn't a remixer herself), so it's not unheard of. ;)

Really, though, it's not a bad thing to hear fans "lament" OCR's glory days - it means we still have something to live up to, which is encouraging. That being said, don't despair, OCR is still quite an active force on the internet; we're not going anywhere.

I imagine the difficulty lived by the site in some situations, and I also know that the glorious days are no longer as present as when they released "Maverick Rising" and "Double the Trouble" in the same year, that era was glorious even for those who like and live OcRemix's music is sad to see how time things have changed. on the forums, the last big presence I think it was in 2015 with "sigma fortress remix gauntlet" let's say that was a movement very well delivered to all. it would be very nice to be able to review all the dedication of former collaborators and see all the other people present on the site again. maybe a brief suggestion in the forums, it would be cool if they could create a mega torrent, with previous competitions, many of them are off the air, broken links and hard to find. but surely someone should have a lost copy of each content. this would liven up our panels a lot and would bring cheer for many competitors. finally I am a big fan and admirer of the long Oc, I live and breathe the site and everything that has been in it for a long time, I hope that this movement never loses its strength and that the days of glory are realized (apologies also for my weak English, I'm from Brazil so I'm using Google Translator to give an aid in many words kk, thank you)

there is a lot of good in the competitions and many of them are lost in links that can not be opened, but please think about the idea of this torrent. it would be great to have more content to listen to and reuse. and on the discord I'm already enjoying it too and thanks for the attention and the dedication

• 1 month later...