PRC395 - A Silent Star (Phantasy Star 2)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 395
PRCv16-10

Hello everyone and Welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

In PRC393 it was HoboKa who won. He picked the source for PRC395.

Source: Phantasy Star 2 - Silent Zone

MIDI File

Source Information

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

The deadline is Wednesday August 7th 2019 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT), check the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Make sure that the song is uploaded to ThaSauce or that there’s a download link posted in this thread.

You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that if you use ThaSauce, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix if you use ThaSauce. Of course you can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread.

Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.

Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.

The winner of this round may select the source for PRC397, the round after next round.

The winner of PRC393, HoboKa, who picked this source, can only participate by submitting a Bonus Mix. His vote is doubled in the voting stage. 

You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC ThaSauce Home Page

1 hour ago, TheVideoGamer said:

Must be.

Dont think like that lol. I have a lot to thank for you running this Compo. It’s fun and allows me to share my love for VGM. If anything I’m too eager XD.

Ill look forward to your entry eh?

I like to wait close to last minute.  Dunno why.  Well, thanks for the praise.

Edited by HoboKa

11 hours ago, Silverpool64 said:

I just want to repeat TheVideoGamer and say thank you HoboKa and Bundeslang for running these compos. Even though I don't enter many of them, they are a great source for practicing my music skills. I hope many more entries come your way!

Edit: Entry Submitted!

Thanks dood.

Submitted my BONUS boner.  It's a bit short.  But I actually put some effort in.  Besides, it's not size that matters.  It's how you use it. 

Edited by HoboKa

Welcome to the voting stage 

The mixing stage is over. This round has 2 songs and bonus song by HoboKa. The following people compete against each other:

TheVideoGamer

Silverpool64

To vote, do the following:

·       Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries.

·       Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen or click PM.

·       Fill in the entries from first to second in the ThaSauce form or fill in your top 2.

·       State a reasoning for it.

·       Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve, so it doesn't affect the results.

·       Do not vote for HoboKa, his song is a bonus.

·       Always look in this thread to find out who's the winner of the round after the voting stage instead of only looking at ThaSauce for the results. Especially since some people might vote by sending me a PM.

You have until THIS Monday, August 12th 10:59 AM ThaSauce time (17:00 UTC, 18:00 GMT) to vote.

If you vote by PM make sure that your top 3 is clear. I prefer something like this:

(To)

(Subject)

PRC ### Vote

(Message):

1: (remixer A )

2: (remixer B )

3: (remixer C )

(reasoning)

I will post the feedback given in the PM’s and the votes in this thread. The winner may choose the source tune for PRC397.

Check the ThaSauce Page to vote or click here to send a PM.

(Copy Paste doesn't work as before so that's why the layout is a bit different as usual)

Results time

HoboKa partipated with a bonus mix.

Silverpool got 8 points, only enough for the last place wooden spoon.

TheVideoGamer is the winner with 12 points!!.

TheVideoGamer, you are the winner and may pick a source for PRC397. Send the source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix). Send your sources as fast as you can, but before next Monday (6 May 2019), 11:00 AM ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT).

You may select any source from any game, but not a source with an OverClocked remix or a source which has been used in PRC before. An overview of the past PRC's can be found in the following links (I recently updated this site):

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

PRC396 already started:

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/prc395 for the votes and comments.

Silverpool's vote (not @ThaSauce).

On 8/9/2019 at 5:16 AM, Silverpool64 said:

I tried using ThaSause, but it gave me a white screen when I tried to submit my vote. So in case that doesn't go through, here's my vote for PRC Round 395. Also, thank you for hosting these competitions! When I participate, I really enjoy myself!

1. TheVideoGamer

TheVideoGamer - I really like synthesizers and this ReMix just sounds awesome, especially the bass! I love the opening build-up! And about half-way through this really cool sound just appears!

hoboka - I like the sounds in this ReMix, too! Synthesizers all the way! It's a bit quiet, though, and I wish it was longer.

Both ReMixes are awesome! And synths!!!!

22 hours ago, TheVideoGamer said:

Awesome. I'll have something shortly.

*shock horror* You didn't vote this time.  Oh wait.  It's awash cuz only 2 viable entries :nicework:.  Got any feedback for my BONUS?

(edit) I'm thinking of working on it some more.  So any crits are welcome.  From anyone too.  :D

Edited by HoboKa

15 hours ago, HoboKa said:

*shock horror* You didn't vote this time.  Oh wait.  It's awash cuz only 2 viable entries :nicework:.  Got any feedback for my BONUS?

(edit) I'm thinking of working on it some more.  So any crits are welcome.  From anyone too.  :D

Yeah only 2 entries, Excluding mine.

As for yours it was really good. Prefer the second half, over the first, however both feature top notch synth design. Drums a bit weak for me (Lacking a certain oomph) in both sections. Props for the sweet trumpet line. I’m total, just better drums and small mixing nuances. Despite that great job.

Yeah I have no problems in you working on it some more. It sounds really good, even flaws aside. Looking forward to your PRC396 entry anyways.

10 hours ago, TheVideoGamer said:

Yeah only 2 entries, Excluding mine.

As for yours it was really good. Prefer the second half, over the first, however both feature top notch synth design. Drums a bit weak for me (Lacking a certain oomph) in both sections. Props for the sweet trumpet line. I’m total, just better drums and small mixing nuances. Despite that great job.

Yeah I have no problems in you working on it some more. It sounds really good, even flaws aside. Looking forward to your PRC396 entry anyways.

Same feeling regarding first half.  I'm gonna find a way to make a monostereo "warbly" synth that is much more 80's, then I will double the length of 2nd portion with perhaps a touch of original writing.  That might be fun to do.  Gotta get off my ass to do it though. :D Thanks for feedback

Edited by HoboKa

8 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Same feeling regarding first half.  I'm gonna find a way to make a monostereo "warbly" synth that is much more 80's, then I will double the length of 2nd portion with perhaps a touch of original writing.  That might be fun to do.  Gotta get off my ass to do it though. :D Thanks for feedback

No problem lol