Black Mesa - We've Got Hostiles - Metal

BKM

Sharing my latest metal remix of a track called "We've Got Hostiles" (link) from the original 2012 Black Mesa soundtrack.

After the Black Mesa devs recently announced that the Xen Beta would go live soon (which it did a couple of days ago) I was super exited and wanted to celebrate this with a remix. When I planned it out, I unfortunately was not aware that the release of the dedicated (and absolutely gorgeous) soundtrack for Xen by Joel Nielsen was also immenent. Therefore, I picked a song from the original 2012 soundtrack.

Wanted to share this here because I appreciate the OCR community a lot. Had some good discussions and feedback here in my early remixing days (aka. a couple of years back). But, to be honest with you, I'm not planning on submitting this one. Two reasons for this: Firstly, the remix contains a couple of voice lines from Half-Life 2, and this kind of stuff is always an issue from a copyright standpoint. Secondly, the last couple of remixes I submitted seem to have vanished into the nether, without any feedback / judge decision whatsoever. Totally understandable, from the "active judges" thread it is obvious that you are understaffed at the moment and while probably being flooded with submission more than ever.

Anyways, enough rambling. Hope some of you stumble upon this thread and give this remix a listen. If you do, definitely let me know what you think! Imma go back to pondering if making a remix of "Shadows of Death" from the Xen soundtrack might be low-hanging fruit or not at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Seth, thanks! Yeah, I'm not good at writing lead lines and solos, that's why I got one of my bandmates to contribute that ending solo. Maybe something I oughta work on in the future.

Shameless plug: if you're interested in hearing music that I'm involved in that also features vocals, check out Remember Your Scars on Spotify, which is a Nu-Metal / Metalcore band I play bass with :)

On 8/27/2019 at 1:02 PM, BKM said:

Hey Seth, thanks! Yeah, I'm not good at writing lead lines and solos, that's why I got one of my bandmates to contribute that ending solo. Maybe something I oughta work on in the future.

Shameless plug: if you're interested in hearing music that I'm involved in that also features vocals, check out Remember Your Scars on Spotify, which is a Nu-Metal / Metalcore band I play bass with :)

I do like Nu Metal. I definitely will check it out!