OCR00187 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Jazz of Zelda"

m68030

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 'Jazz of Zelda'

I remember it taking them quite some time to finally get this track to DJP.

Something about the file host going down and not telling anyone. Glad

it finally got through, cause it's such a nice arrangement of the Zelda

theme. The drum line is a little static sounding in light of how loose

the rest of the song is played, but regardless it comes out sounding

pretty nice.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I LOOOOOVE this thing. its SO sexy and sweet. I love how the piano accompanies the jazzy, smoothy sax. the battery adds a cool flavor, too. I think that this is the sexiest Zelda song arrangement in all OCRemix and deffinately reccomend this one pretty much. GET IT NOW!

Cano

I like the abrupt ending, too. just one thing: its TOO short! :(

Nice concept...

only that its realy not all that original. Jazz is about expressing yourself

Right. The underlying groove just stays the same. It's okay to begin with, but it gets stale by the end.

I don't think you CAN synthesize jazz. It just has too much spirit built in that needs to be there. Good jazz is... alive. The music itself is almost alive.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Whahahahahah, i can see it all happen: Link totally had enough of saving Zelda, now drinking himself like sh!t and making music in this group :P .I would LOVE to see that in a intromovie of a new Zelda adventure :idea: . But about the song: it's great, too bad it's a little short. It would be fun too if a figure like Frank Sinatra or Marilyn Monroe would sing something like "...I'VE HAD ENOUGH...":P . It's great anyway. Go on like this people.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I've been noticing a trend with these really early mixes where, more than anything, they sound more like learning projects and experiments to see what sounds good and what doesn't. And as you would expect, some sound good and some don't. This doesn't.

It's clear the mixer was playing with the tempo of the original melody and constructed a pretty bland imitation of a jazz arrangement to sell the changes, but the biggest problem is that nothing interesting or even new comes out of it. It's just more nails in the coffin when you hear that the samples used are chillingly bad.

There are much nicer ways to hear the Zelda overworld theme.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

For a ReMix, it doesn't sound horrible or anything (aside from the Sax), but I have to agree with the other reviews on this one. It's different, but not so much that it could keep any interest if it had been any longer than it was. The drums were pretty set in their ways and all in all, I just didn't dig this one as much as I could have. Sorry, fella.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00187 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Jazz of Zelda"
  • 1 year later...

Hey folks,

Who should I contact if I want this taken down? This keeps coming up in google searches as a top result, and I really don't want this associated with what I do today musically. Not that I can't stand for it, but it was done when I was 15 years old, nearly 18 years ago so - needless to say - doesn't really do much for me today. :)

I even think a schoolmate uploaded it back then, so I don't have an account to manage it on my own. Had to register a new one now. So if anyone in charge reads this, reply or PM.

Thanks,

Nicke Widén