Sony PSP

The Damned

• 1 month later...

I've been playing After Burner: Black Falcon a lot lately... Maybe I'm biased because I've been an After Burner fan since I was like... 8, but it's a really fun fast paced shooter. People might be turned off because it's basically a rail shooter and there isn't too much variation in the gameplay, but if you like arcade action it can't be beat. I'm having a lot of fun with this one.

Gameplay vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHTgOylMoB0

• 1 month later...
my brother just got a psp and we got 3.10 oe-a running on it

greatest

thing

ever

I have 3.40 oe-a... Is there any advantage to older versions of things? Like I know a few people have told me the second to last version of snes9x is faster, but I don't know...

I have 3.40 oe-a... Is there any advantage to older versions of things? Like I know a few people have told me the second to last version of snes9x is faster, but I don't know...

i read somewhere that some psx games dont work on 3.40 oe-a but have no idea if its actually true

when a new custom one is released ill probably get that

seriously a psp is the best handheld ever everyone should get one

but it is only good once the custom firmware is installed

ive been playing gitaroo man lives, castlevania sotn, and parappa the rapper

oh yeah and golden sun and mega man zero which looks GREAT on the psp screen

and a lot more

id recommend just getting the psp a copy of lumines (so it can be hacked) and a 2 gig memory stick

thats all you will ever need

seriously a psp is the best handheld ever everyone should get one

but it is only good once the custom firmware is installed

ive been playing gitaroo man lives, castlevania sotn, and parappa the rapper

oh yeah and golden sun and mega man zero which looks GREAT on the psp screen

and a lot more

id recommend just getting the psp a copy of lumines (so it can be hacked) and a 2 gig memory stick

thats all you will ever need

Which still comes off as the biggest irony in the gaming industry to me. The biggest reason to own a PSP is to play other companies' games on it.

I'd be interested to know the attach rate for PSP sales. That is, how much software is sold compared to hardware. Would be a nice to compare to the DS and see how many of those PSPs are likely hacked and have emulation running.

Which still comes off as the biggest irony in the gaming industry to me. The biggest reason to own a PSP is to play other companies' games on it.

I'd be interested to know the attach rate for PSP sales. That is, how much software is sold compared to hardware. Would be a nice to compare to the DS and see how many of those PSPs are likely hacked and have emulation running.

well i play a lot of psp games on it

i just dont buy them

you mean that thing that just had a price drop?

You fail to realize that it took two months of the publics' bitching and moaning so if you really think about it they would have never changed the price until their console finally got old and they made a PS4 and even then I really don't see the price dropping on that either until what was said before the getting old and making a PS4 part.

maybe sony just wanted to wait a little longer because in history that is one the fastest (is it the fastest?) console price drops

and it might drop within a year again due to decreasing costs of blu ray and crap

so basically you got no clue what you are talking about

Disgaea PSP rules. I mean, it's pretty much the same game with some extras, but talk about a great time waster. The NA release should be out by the end of the year, but I'm enjoying the Japanese version since I'm impatient. I hear the US release will have multiplayer, but that might be kind of scary with all of the maniacs out there.

I've found the recent trend towards online multiplayer in handheld RPGs strange (excepting Pokemon) - does it even work well in general?

And why is there tangential PS3 talk here :???: ?

some online handhelds are fun

im gonna get into untold legends 2 i think

• 2 months later...