Sony PSP

The Damned

Are you getting the slim? The fat one is the easy one to crack if I remember right. The slim one requires a fat one if you want to crack it, unless something has changed recently.

Apparently the 3.60 firmware was cracked, and I think that's the latest(well until I'd update to 3.66... which I won't) that the PSP Slims in the store have. I'll have to do more searching around though.

And I guess not on Ace Combat, although I liked the idea of being able to fine tune my planes.

Ah well.

Edit: Right now I can't find any conclusive evidence that it'll be easy to crack the latest firmware, so I'll just buy the system anyway, be patient, and hope that eventually it comes.

Apparently the 3.60 firmware was cracked, and I think that's the latest(well until I'd update to 3.66... which I won't) that the PSP Slims in the store have. I'll have to do more searching around though.

And I guess not on Ace Combat, although I liked the idea of being able to fine tune my planes.

Ah well.

Edit: Right now I can't find any conclusive evidence that it'll be easy to crack the latest firmware, so I'll just buy the system anyway, be patient, and hope that eventually it comes.

The problem's not so much which version of the firmware that's on it that makes it crackable (that's not too difficult to fix), it's that you need to have to literally nab a battery from a PSP Fattie, hack it with what's called the Pandora's battery mod (involves cracking open the battery), put it in your slim, hack your slim to accept custom firmware, putting custom firmware on it (which involves multiple progressions, although that applies for the Fattie as well, it's still a time consumer), and from there you still can't get things like SNES emulation because the Slims don't accept 1.5 Homebrew.

That's what Baha means by needing a Fattie to crack your Slim.

Ah well.

Ah...its been a while since I got a hold of my PSP so I'm out of the loop (just got it back Sunday), but soon I can grab me some of my games and start playing it again.

The only time when you need to update your firmware is when you're unable to play certain games if you're using an old one. There's this one specific game I'm trying to play, but I'm confused on how to make a pandora because I don't got a spare memory stick. Compared to the PS2 homebrew, it's a cakewalk compare to the stuff I gotta know on the PSP, lol.

If there was ever an example of how viral marketing can backfire, the whole "All I Want for X-Mas is a PSP" bit would be my top choice. Fail at posing, fail at thinking it through, fail at handling it once it was exposed, fail at how they carried it on, fail at everything.

Business and advertising students! If your teacher ever tells you that there is no such thing as bad publicity, tell them about this and the backlash it created. Then do the world a favor and never make another campaign like this one.

Whee! So I got my PSP Daxter pack last night along with Crisis Core.

Man, the PSP is NICE. I mean seriously, it's just so cool looking and has a pretty sleek interface. Not to mention all this functionality. WMA player, decent web browsing, hopefully support for Divx coming up alongside videos. I'm happy with this baby.

I have the 3.80 version of the firmware right now, so I guess I'll just wait to see what the homebrew crew can come up with.

Also, Crisis Core is pretty damned sweet if anyone is interested. I've only been an hour into it, but so far, impression = really good.

This really doesn't have much to do with what you guy's are talking about, but I wanted to share my psp story with you guys. I currently have a psp (kind of). I've had it for two or three years now. Sometime last year, I had it in my locker at school. At the end of the day, when I was getting my stuff, I turned on my PSP to discover an unfortunate event had befallen it. The inside screen had shattered. I'm not really sure what happened, but it looked like someone threw a rock as hard as they could right at the center of it, but the top screen was completely undamaged. Now I have an almost completely worthless PSP. I was fine with that, too, until Crisis came out, and now I can hardly take it. I just want to play the newest iteration of FFVII. Is that too much to ask for?

That is indeed a pity, as Crisis Core is definitely a game that should not be missed. I'm STILL choked up after that ending(Zack was my favorite FFVII character after all).

On that note, I've noticed that there is a sick amount of games I wanna play for this system.

MegaMan Powered Up

Maverick Hunter X

Dracula X Chronicles

Disgaea

Patapon

Wild Arms XF

Legend of Heroes III

Jeanne d'Arc

FFT: The Lion War

Lumines II(never got to play the first one. was it any good?)

Not to mention the upcoming stuff like Dissidia, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, Star Ocean First Departure and Second Evolution.

Hurray PSP.

Hey guys, I posted on this thread a while back asking about PSP modding, specifically firmware downgrades. Just today, I decided to poke around and see what I could find, and if there's been anything recent. Sadly, I couldn't find anything that pertains to me via google but it might just be me looking in the wrong places. So I'd like to see if anyone here knows:

Has a PSP firmware downgrader been made for Firmware 3.52 or higher that does not require a pandora's battery or, ideally, much money at all? My current situation is this: PSP Firmware 3.52 (haven't updated since Dracula X Chronicles), a 2GB memory stick, no pandora's battery and, if I can at all avoid it, no inclination to obtain one. I'm sure that at this point not much will be done but I figured I'd make a last ditch effort to find out what I can and at least know if I'm going to be able to do this or not.

So, anyone have any advice or information? Or at least a place where I could get some up-to-date info? Thank you in advance.

@Takero: That's really unfortunate. Perhaps you might want to check craigslist or something for some local repair services. There's one where I live who's very affordable (and cheap) and can answer questions anything PSP-related you might have. Best of luck.

@Malaki-LEGEND.sys: You might like DJ Max Portable 2 though song-wise I hear a whole bunch of people prefer the first and I would agree too but I love

too much. It's a Korea rhythm game similar to beatmania IIDX and DDR except with fingers, but the menus and interface are all English so it's very easy to get into. Plus, there's no region protection for PSP games so it's easy to import and play unlike the PS2.

@Culturekoi: I would recommend such sites like qj.net where you can post asking for local people around you with pandora batteries to help you.