Sony PSP

The Damned

From what I've read in this thread, the PSP Slim models all have a firmware high enough that a hack hasn't been found yet, so you were probably out of luck even without upgrading the firmware.

Holy shit, I was going to buy a PSP Slim today but now that I know this, I definitely won't. I am so lucky I came to this site this morning. I was'nt actually going to buy games I was just going to use emulators.

Holy shit, I was going to buy a PSP Slim today but now that I know this, I definitely won't. I am so lucky I came to this site this morning. I was'nt actually going to buy games I was just going to use emulators.

This may have changed already, and if not, I'm sure the hacking community is working on it, so I'd suggest you do some investigation on your own first, or ask someone more knowledgeable. Good that you didn't spend money without being sure that you'd get what you want :)

Well shucks, that kinda sucks. Hopefully there will be a hack that I'll be able to use sooner or later, but I'd also hate to try it and end up with a busted PSP. I had originally planned to buy a Nintendo DS and a Cowon A3 so I could have games and movies to kill a few hours of downtime at work but decided on the PSP instead since it could do both. Playing old ROMS on it would have been the icing on the cake, but it's nothing I can't live without.

Well I knew it was just a matter of time, but Star Ocean First Departure and Second Evolution have been confirmed by SE to be hitting the US in the coming months. October 24th and January 6th respectively.

YAY!!

I know some people hate remakes to portables. But I love it because i barely have time to sit at home and play my favorite games anymore. So with CT coming to the DS and now Star Ocean coming to the PSP, I'm a happy happy person.

I don't see the problem with the Star Ocean remakes for the same reason I don't have a problem with FFIV DS. They're not the same game anymore(save Second Evolution, which is almost a port).

In my book, FFIV DS and at least First Evolution are definitely worth another buy, while I'd only really recommend Second Evolution if you never got a chance to play the game(like myself).

Well uh... You know the hacking might have had something to do with it...

There's a reason they say "at your own risk" at the beginning of every hacking guide.

Pixels dying on an LCD screen has nothing to do with hacking. Additionally, they died a few days after I hacked the thing. What irritates me is the fact that I can't return the damn thing now.

Pixels dying on an LCD screen has nothing to do with hacking. Additionally, they died a few days after I hacked the thing. What irritates me is the fact that I can't return the damn thing now.

Had my psp since launch, still haven't hacked it. I have 3 dead pixels.

I just bought one from a co-worker for $75

I for one cannot condone illegal hacking. It's wrong an immoral. I don't want to know how to hack my psp. Even if you contacted me with a PM of how to do it or where to find out more about hacking a psp with firmware 3.95 I would decline. So don't bother contacting me via pm about it! I won't answer!!

Pixels dying on an LCD screen has nothing to do with hacking...

Yes it does!!! just like masturbating makes you go blind.

Ah, important question guys. I just bought a used PSP Slim from GameStop. I bought the thing because I thought it could be easily hacked for emulation. This is not the case. I Googled myself into a coma trying to find out how to run emulators, and I learned a lot, but I still have to to this pandora's battery thing for it to work, which by the way requires a fat PSP. Well shit I have neither that nor a friend with one. My question is, should I return the PSP Slim for a fat or keep the Slim? Its the toughest of moral dilemnas because it is a battle between my instinct to have the most updated crap and my American need for instant, easy gratification. Just tell me what you'd do.

Yes it does!!! just like masturbating makes you go blind.

Ah, important question guys. I just bought a used PSP Slim from GameStop. I bought the thing because I thought it could be easily hacked for emulation. This is not the case. I Googled myself into a coma trying to find out how to run emulators, and I learned a lot, but I still have to to this pandora's battery thing for it to work, which by the way requires a fat PSP. Well shit I have neither that nor a friend with one. My question is, should I return the PSP Slim for a fat or keep the Slim? Its the toughest of moral dilemnas because it is a battle between my instinct to have the most updated crap and my American need for instant, easy gratification. Just tell me what you'd do.

You don't need a phat. You need some software for your computer and nothing else. Buying a replacement PSP battery might be preferable though.

You don't need a phat. You need some software for your computer and nothing else. Buying a replacement PSP battery might be preferable though.

I looked into it and yes, youre right I dont, but I dont think I can do that process with a 4 GB memorycard. I need one between 256 and 2 gigs. Which means Ill have to spend 12 dollars, and I wont get my roms NOW, instead I have to go to beest buy and all that crap. Why the hell do I need a replacement battery? whats the battery got to do with it anyway?

I looked into it and yes, youre right I dont, but I dont think I can do that process with a 4 GB memorycard. I need one between 256 and 2 gigs. Which means Ill have to spend 12 dollars, and I wont get my roms NOW, instead I have to go to beest buy and all that crap. Why the hell do I need a replacement battery? whats the battery got to do with it anyway?

You'll have to do some research or IM me. I think we're getting into illegal business.

You'll have to do some research or IM me. I think we're getting into illegal business.

yeah so I guess our coke deal is off, and youll have to find a different route to traffick our women slaves through, Ive got a hunch theyre on to us. Oh and instead of hardmodding my PSP battery Im just going to trade it in for a phat. Im done with this shit

yeah so I guess our coke deal is off, and youll have to find a different route to traffick our women slaves through, Ive got a hunch theyre on to us. Oh and instead of hardmodding my PSP battery Im just going to trade it in for a phat. Im done with this shit

I'm pretty sure that its against this site's regulations to talk about that kind of stuff. I just like the follow the rules.

Also, enjoy your inferior product. Its not that hard to hack a PSP Slim. I did it in about 20 minutes and all I needed was some software and a screwdriver. I plan on buying a new battery though just because I'm not too wild about using a modded and then unmodded battery.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

As you all know, E3 2009 starts tomorrow! I can't wait. Hopefully this year will be a lot better than last year.

I'll be watching it on G4, but everyone feel free to post any information you get from the event that you feel is worth posting, and post it here.

I'll start with the leaking of the PSP Go

pspgo.jpg

2rwvtb4.jpg

6hj3vq.jpg

- 16gigs of internal storage(with card slot for expansion)

- no UMD disc drive

- Bluetooth

- 3.8inch screen compared to 4.3inches of the PSP-3000

- Screen slides up

- 43% lighter than PSP-3000

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/30/rumor-psp-go-revealed-in-june-issue-of-qore/

http://kotaku.com/5273302/portable-size+off-how-the-psp-go-measures-up

That's my question. I was really looking into the dissidia bundle but was holding out to learn more about the psp-go. How exactly are we supposed to use it as a gaming tool without external media disks? I would assume that the only way would be to download each and every game individually off of the playstation store, but that still brings up the question, what if you delete it for lack of space? Would you then need to buy it again after you want to play? I don't know. The thing that got me interested was the second analog thingy which looks like it goes only up and down and the rumor of the touch screen. What do you all think?