Sony PSP

The Damned

That's my question. I was really looking into the dissidia bundle but was holding out to learn more about the psp-go. How exactly are we supposed to use it as a gaming tool without external media disks? I would assume that the only way would be to download each and every game individually off of the playstation store, but that still brings up the question, what if you delete it for lack of space? Would you then need to buy it again after you want to play? I don't know. The thing that got me interested was the second analog thingy which looks like it goes only up and down and the rumor of the touch screen. What do you all think?

the 'second analog thingie' is the start and select buttons, from the looks of it.

Price rules me out too. I kinda rue buying that second-hand PSP-2000 off one of the guys on here now.

Pop quiz though: with all the talk of how big Gran Turismo will be for the new PSP, will it still be available on UMD? Or how big of a Memory Stick will I need for me to download it once it's out?

That's my question. I was really looking into the dissidia bundle but was holding out to learn more about the psp-go. How exactly are we supposed to use it as a gaming tool without external media disks? I would assume that the only way would be to download each and every game individually off of the playstation store, but that still brings up the question, what if you delete it for lack of space? Would you then need to buy it again after you want to play? I don't know. The thing that got me interested was the second analog thingy which looks like it goes only up and down and the rumor of the touch screen. What do you all think?

You can currently redownload stuff from the PSP store; I can't imagine they'd intentionally break that functionality.

But still, umd's have an advantage over their downloadable counterparts. They don't take any space on their hard drive, and more importantly, you can find them used at a discounted price. Can't do that otherwise. That's why I'm waiting for the dissidia bundle. Any mention of when birth by sleep is coming out?

Question: If I download, say FFVII from the PS Store onto my PSP, could I also download it at no charge onto my PS3? And vice versa? Similar to how you can re-download things from the Nintendo shop channels.

Considering their other PSOne games are under PSOne/PSP section yes.

They allow both console and hand held gaming at a one time payment... The way I understood it, you had to download it on the PS3 before downloading it onto the PSP. However since I have no PSP, I only know that you can play downloaded PSone games on the PS3. Mind you make sure it says PSOne/PSP, as I almost made the mistake of paying for a PSP only title.

But that brings up a question. PSP only has two shoulder buttons. How does that convert a ps1 title that has 4 shoulder buttons?

Good Question, once again I don't have a PSP so I can't give you a definitive answer for that one except for remapping the extra 2 shoulder buttons to one of the directional joysticks; Push left on the joystick for L2, pushing right for R2.

Best I can think of. :L

Good Question, once again I don't have a PSP so I can't give you a definitive answer for that one except for remapping the extra 2 shoulder buttons to one of the directional joysticks; Push left on the joystick for L2, pushing right for R2.

Best I can think of. :L

Ironically, that's how it works out.

I downloaded FF7 on my PS3 this morning (it's out in Europe now in case anyone hasn't noticed or heard yet) and transfered it onto PSP, it's about 1.3GB spanning all 3 discs. Schwaltzvald hit the nail on the head with the shoulder button mapping, and you just use the PS button to change the discs when the need arises.

Considering their other PSOne games are under PSOne/PSP section yes.

They allow both console and hand held gaming at a one time payment... The way I understood it, you had to download it on the PS3 before downloading it onto the PSP. However since I have no PSP, I only know that you can play downloaded PSone games on the PS3. Mind you make sure it says PSOne/PSP, as I almost made the mistake of paying for a PSP only title.

All PS1 titles available for download on the Playstation Store (PSS) are playable on both PS3 and PSP. With one of the recent updates to the PSP firmware, you can now download PSP and PS1 games directly onto your memorystick using the PSP, although I wouldn't really recommend using the PSP's rather weak wifi to do it unless you really don't have a PS3.

Also, all game purchases made on the PSS are availble for redownload as many times as you need. In fact, I think you can actually download them to a certain number of different PS3's (with no limit on the number of PSP's as far as I can tell) if you use the same PSN account.

All PS1 titles available for download on the Playstation Store (PSS) are playable on both PS3 and PSP. With one of the recent updates to the PSP firmware, you can now download PSP and PS1 games directly onto your memorystick using the PSP, although I wouldn't really recommend using the PSP's rather weak wifi to do it unless you really don't have a PS3.

Even then, download it on your PC and transfer it to your PSP. The only people who would want to download anything like that via WiFi would be those who don't have a computer OR a PS3 (and yet somehow still can get WiFi access).

yeah well you have to have an OFW to do that (of which I don't know that many, since I've helped everyone I know hack theirs) since the PC version of the PSS requires the latest firmware and Dark-Alex's is still only on 5.01 IIRC

but then again, if you into hacking, you might probably just pirate whatever anyway, thus nullifying that argument

well I KNOW that the on-PSP Store works (I just downloaded FFVII a couple days ago to see how long it would take to download on the PSP, for shits and giggles), but for you to download for the PC version, I'm pretty sure that you have to have the "latest OFW" (aka 5.50)

• 2 weeks later...

So I downloaded FFVII (I'm enjoying it so far), but I'm wondering what I should get with the $9.51 I have left. Crash Bandicoot is awesome, but I have all three games on the PS.

I'm thinking of getting that music game Beats. DOes anyone have a recommendation?

So I downloaded FFVII (I'm enjoying it so far), but I'm wondering what I should get with the $9.51 I have left. Crash Bandicoot is awesome, but I have all three games on the PS.

I'm thinking of getting that music game Beats. DOes anyone have a recommendation?

Beats is good conceptually, but it either crashed on or wouldn't even play half the MP3s I put on my memory stick. I wouldn't buy it at all.

I've been pretty excited about the PS Store expansions. Just got Metal Gear Solid on my PSP and have been playing the crap out of it. Forgot how tough it was on Hard Mode.

Keep up the good work, Sony! (Hopefully we'll see Silent Hill, Xenogears and Vagrant Story in the PSOne Classics section later on. :wink: )