Sony PSP

The Damned

Just got Metal Gear Solid

wait seriously, I'll have to check this out

If you have a hacked PSP can you still sync it with a PS3 for remote play and psone classics and such? I know i could just as easily play any psx game on it, but was just curious.

Yep.

At least I could before I reformatted my PS3 recently. (I think I need to resync it)

also ew remote play

I've been pretty excited about the PS Store expansions. Just got Metal Gear Solid on my PSP and have been playing the crap out of it. Forgot how tough it was on Hard Mode.

Keep up the good work, Sony! (Hopefully we'll see Silent Hill, Xenogears and Vagrant Story in the PSOne Classics section later on. :wink: )

I already got the triple pack for MGS but man I seriously can't wait to see SH Original to come around.

May even finally push me to get a PSP...

Hey just to let you guys know dell.com will be selling a PSP 2000 for $109 after $60 instant savings, I think its free shipping too! It's starts on June 24 - 25th. I'm gonna pick this up for myself. I hear there isn't a big diff between the 2000 and 3000 versions in fact I've heard that the 2000 version preferred. I think its a good buy so I'll pick it up and maybe get a 4GB stick too.

There's a lotta PSP games I've been wanting to play, all the MGS games,God of war COO, FF dissidia, and some others that I can't think of right now.

Yea I bought mine today before my shift started (I work at Dell). I just saw it was sold out which I expected to happen. The same thing happened when we had those crazy deals on the 20" monitors for $90 and 23" for $149. When they have those accessory deals they only have a limited supply so you gotta grab them quick! Can't wait to get my PSP!

Hey just to let you guys know dell.com will be selling a PSP 2000 for $109 after $60 instant savings, I think its free shipping too! It's starts on June 24 - 25th. I'm gonna pick this up for myself. I hear there isn't a big diff between the 2000 and 3000 versions in fact I've heard that the 2000 version preferred. I think its a good buy so I'll pick it up and maybe get a 4GB stick too.

There's a lotta PSP games I've been wanting to play, all the MGS games,God of war COO, FF dissidia, and some others that I can't think of right now.

My brother who doesn't have a PSP of his own wanted that deal and then he was like " nah I won't" ...

And then a few days after the deal was over he was like "Man I wish i got that PSP"

Mine's a 3000 it was in a Ratchet and Clank bundle pack I played Crisis Core for a while and then put the system down for a few months.

I got a new memory stick and bought Final Fantasy VII (PS1 Classic) next to Ocarina of Time it's the greatest game I've ever played.

If you guys haven't checked it out, download the Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! demo from the PS Store.

It's an incredibly unique dungeon-building game with a funny sense of humor that has you playing as the bad guy in a "Final Fantasy"-style JRPG. While the graphics are a throwback to NES era gaming, the game mechanics are really complex and defending the dungeon takes some good strategy and planning.

Also, on the website, you can sign-up to win a free copy of the game on release. You have to enter 5 codes on the contest page to sign-up. I'll list the codes below.

#1) BM579842LM

#2) BM978261WT

#3) BM351209LP

#4) BM758345SC

#5) BM568271FX

You can get by on a couple of games that have game specific speed hacks, I was able to play soul blazer quite well. Also, changing the sampling of the audio to something like 22khz (or whatever the lower sample rate is) also helps alot, and since the psp speakers are not so great, you probably wont notice the audio quality... much.

But yeah, i'm surprised that snes emulation is worse than gba emulation on the psp.

Still searching for a good way to play super metoid on the go...

• 1 month later...

are you buying through the PS3 PSN or the PSP's own PSN

if you're going through the PS3's then 1. you buy the game 2. you download the game 3. you hook up your psp with a usb cable 4. you choose the game from the PS3's xmb and it installs

cool huh

if you're doing it through the PSP's then it's completely self explanatory

also are you planning on hacking the thing

what model is it

are you buying through the PS3 PSN or the PSP's own PSN

if you're going through the PS3's then 1. you buy the game 2. you download the game 3. you hook up your psp with a usb cable 4. you choose the game from the PS3's xmb and it installs

cool huh

if you're doing it through the PSP's then it's completely self explanatory

also are you planning on hacking the thing

what model is it

The bundle has the 3000 series. And I'll be doing it through the ps3 psn. I tried downloading a psp demo just to see how it would work, but then I could actually install it on my ps3 HD. Obviously it wouldn't play, but I wonder what good it would do to install it. Anyway, before attempting to install it, I press triangle, select copy, select the psp memory stick as the destination? Do I actually install it on the ps3 or not before copying it? And when selecting a download file from the network, is there a difference between wanting to play it on the psp or the ps3? That would probably answer everything. Thanks.

And I don't plan on hacking it.

3000's are hackable, but you've gotta fool with them, and i'm not certain you can continue to use the psn after that.

You could if you went back to using OFW, did your business, and then modded it again, but that's kind of a hassle. Though like he said, he doesn't plan on modding it.