My magnum opus thus far (with thanks to Dragon Age)

jane

14 minutes ago, HoboKa said:

Ok, so this is an underrated track right here, super well-produced and it just bleeds Bioware!  Nice work.

Ahhhhhh, thank you so much for listening. I see you checking stuff out. That is awesome. I've been working pretty hard on this stuff and... no one seems to care! Really appreciate your thoughts.

2 minutes ago, jane said:

Ahhhhhh, thank you so much for listening. I see you checking stuff out. That is awesome. I've been working pretty hard on this stuff and... no one seems to care! Really appreciate your thoughts.

No worries.  Not sure if SC appreciates my thoughts.  Some of my comments got buried in the soundwave widget player thingy.  Or maybe that's just my browser.  Right.  I'll go through the rest in a bit.  You've got some pretty kick ass sounds going on. 

2 hours ago, HoboKa said:

No worries.  Not sure if SC appreciates my thoughts.  Some of my comments got buried in the soundwave widget player thingy.  Or maybe that's just my browser.  Right.  I'll go through the rest in a bit.  You've got some pretty kick ass sounds going on. 

My personal fave is 'Be What You Needed' but it doesn't seem to resonate with others like I thought it would? Maybe it's the spoken word stuff (I like poetry). 

1 hour ago, jane said:

My personal fave is 'Be What You Needed' but it doesn't seem to resonate with others like I thought it would? Maybe it's the spoken word stuff (I like poetry).

Confession, I hit like without listening "Be What you needed".  Remedying that... It's OK.  Could be because the bass is overpowering the lyrics.  Not sure.  Could be the lower ends need some separation a bit.  Very trippy groove and a very dark atmosphere.  Have yet to decide what is my true favorite, b/c I need to listen to all of your tunes still.  I've heard 4 thus far.  Think I left comments on all of them.  Kinda glad I discovered you nonetheless.  This stuff scratches my Silent Hill-ish itch big time.  Since you're a fan of this stuff, I've got a treat for you :D

(Not my work - this goes beyond my current ability by a notch or two)

Edited by HoboKa

Took me a bit to understand what the title of your song meant "Be What You Needed".  Man that is depressing, but it hits me where I live.  I am glad I discovered your sound lmao.  You listen to Akira Yamaoka, right?  If not, you should >:3 - at least for his Silent Hill stuff. 

(edit)

I'll need to listen to the 7 other songs you got later... Plus I'm tired lol. 

Edited by HoboKa

9 minutes ago, HoboKa said:

Took me a bit to understand what the title of your song meant "Be What You Needed".  Man that is depressing, but it hits me where I live.  I am glad I discovered your sound lmao.  You listen to Akira Yamaoka, right?  If not, you should >:3 - at least for his Silent Hill stuff. 

(edit)

I'll need to listen to the 7 other songs you got later... Plus I'm tired lol. 

Really enjoying the forward momentum of some of your tracks too, bröther!

(Totally love Akira Yamaoka. Also Michael McCann's work on Deus Ex: Human Revolution obsesses me, it's so great). 

9 minutes ago, jane said:

Really enjoying the forward momentum of some of your tracks too, bröther!

(Totally love Akira Yamaoka. Also Michael McCann's work on Deus Ex: Human Revolution obsesses me, it's so great). 

Eh, I slapped on a mixed bag.  Just to show off to any prospective studios.  When I feel like putting myself out there big time... I've got some better tunes sequestered away for reasons I do not fully comprehend myself (fear of IP theft maybe).  Probably not securely enough, given how shit that Windows OS is.

I've played some of the newer Deus Ex games.  But not the newest.  Nor the first.  Gotta remedy that.  Also looking forward to that upcoming Cyberpunk game from CDProject Red hehe. 

Edited by HoboKa