Madeline's Ascent [Celeste - B Side Summit (LTW Remix)]

L.T.W.

Hello everyone!

I've been a fan and follower of this site since 2002, I believe. Didn't make an account til 2003, but it was always a dream of mine to have a song be released here someday.

I tried learning production on my own multiple times, but failed numerously. So I just gave up on that at the time.

Then I began trying again in October 2017, this time with the help of a friend I made in the rave scene. And now, almost 2 years later, I've been able to make my first remix (I've only made original music before).

Here's the link to the song, and any honest feedback would be highly appreciated ^_^

https://soundbutt.com/ltw-p/madelines-ascent

Edited by L.T.W.
change its status

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't heard something like this in a while! I might have to check out Celeste some more. More importantly, this is impressive. I hardly noticed that it lasted 7 minutes, it's very good at dominating one's attention. I'm no authority on rave style, but I am loving the inexorable arpeggios and piano-like synth. The little sound bits that vaguely resemble an alien infant babbling (sfx from the game?) were a bit strange at first, but more or less add to the sparkling, yet dark, mood of the piece. Even without memories to the game, it tugs at something in the mind. Nice work!

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2019 at 8:14 PM, Souperion said:

Haven't heard something like this in a while! I might have to check out Celeste some more. More importantly, this is impressive. I hardly noticed that it lasted 7 minutes, it's very good at dominating one's attention. I'm no authority on rave style, but I am loving the inexorable arpeggios and piano-like synth. The little sound bits that vaguely resemble an alien infant babbling (sfx from the game?) were a bit strange at first, but more or less add to the sparkling, yet dark, mood of the piece. Even without memories to the game, it tugs at something in the mind. Nice work!

Hey,

TYSM, I didn't notice anyone replying for a while so I figured no one would.

I'm really glad you liked it. Celeste is a really hard game and the story deal with anxiety, so it hit me right in the feels and now has a nice place in my heart (corny, I know lol)

I have updated a the mix a bit more since I first uploaded it, if you'd like to give it another listen.

And yes, the alien like babble is the main Character (Madeline) talking with the main antagonist (her evil twin).

Thanks again for listening to it, I'd still love to be able to get it hosted here, I'll have this mixed and mastered professionally soon. (I've only been producing for 2 years, so my mixing abilities are not all that well developed yet)

Hey, no problem L.T.W. I looked up the game a bit before responding to this, seems well worth the time. And that OST, though. I'm not much of an authority on the system, but Madeline's Ascent seems pretty complete to me. If you want to get a more experienced ear on it, set the status of this beauty to "ready for review", wait a week or so, and pm a workshop evaluator for a more professional listen. Or just submit it, what have you got to lose?

Keep mixing, this is good stuff!