Black_Doom

1. recruiting Jet Set Radio album maybe?

Jet Set Radio is a masterpiece of a game, really :) Everything about it is exceptionally unique - the gameplay, the artstyle, the overall atmosphere, and, of course, the music. But what makes me sad is that there are only a few JSR remixes I could find. This game's soundtrack deserves much more representation in the remixing community. Now, I realize that some of the songs may be a bit difficult to remix given their groove-based and vocal samples driven nature, but I still believe that a remix album is possible, even not a very big one. I'm curious if anyone else is interested, because if I can find some people willing to join this, then I am willing to direct the project :D

OST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD61626F6813F6C5F

Edited by Black_Doom

Alright, should've done this just when started the thread, but I'm just dumb. Gonna bump this one for a bit tag a few people who I'd like to see involved:

@OceansAndrew @Rexy @timaeus222 @Sir_NutS @DusK @Garpocalypse @Jorito @jnWake @YoshiBlade @Gario @zykO

Let me know guys what you think :)

Edited by Black_Doom

Not familiar with the game or its music, and my plate is rather full at the moment, so I'll probably have to sit this one out.

Hey, thanks for the invite, but I don't think I can get into another project at the moment.  I do think the idea for a JSR album is solid though, lots of fans and the music is already great.  Good luck!.

Well, thanks for the replies anyway! And also for the good luck, Mr. NutS! Hope this will get rolling ;)

Also tagging @evktalo @Jivemaster @Chimpazilla @Flexstyle @Phonetic Hero to get their thoughts as well :)

P.S. Added link to the soundtrack just in case

Edited by Black_Doom

Sounds like a mad idea, personally I'm most familiar with the JSRF soundtrack, but the original has lots of great stuff. Creatively I'm still trying to find myself (having challenges with getting the spark back in between other life commitments), consequently I don't think I could reliably contribute to a project at this time, but love the idea and will certainly consider it.

Edited by Jivemaster

Thanks for the invite. love the game but i'm unable to commit to additional remixing projects until closer to the end of the year.  Outside of that i'd be interested.  

Edited by Garpocalypse

On 9/30/2019 at 5:13 AM, Jivemaster said:

Sounds like a mad idea, personally I'm most familiar with the JSRF soundtrack, but the original has lots of great stuff.

Haha, I actually thought about making a tribute to BOTH JSR and JSRF, but I'm not familiar with the latter, so I'm not sure if this works out, but the soundtrack there is no less fantastic for sure! Actually, I'm glad that there's some support, but still no claims. Maybe I'll try to reach out to a few more folks later, we'll see.