MnP 106: DuckTales (Nes) - Transylvania

HoboKa

15 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Wow.  I was asleep on the wheel of that transaction.  Glad to know that ThaSauce didn't give you any trouble Seth my man.  Guess I spent TOO much time on Newgrounds...

Dat technological knowledge of sound chips and stuff.  It's on my to-do list to read up on.   Mmmm chips. 

And yeah, qualitative remarks we generally do *after* the voting process and obviously we put comments down when we vote.  No harm done though.  Sometimes we drop qualitative stuff in the comments section of our submitted tracks b/c reasons.  Though it's best to avoid, if you don't wanna poison your chances at getting a vote in your favor >: 3

If you got any other questions, feel free to ask me, Mr. Seth Skoda :D

(edit over9000)

And thanks Dex and TVG for doing my job for me.  Saved me a lot of awkwardness and derp.  Well.  Some of it anyways. 

You know, i might as well be president of MnP lol 

Before Hoboka get's a chance to react, i've already done it. Best to talk to him though, i only can give you so much lol.

But seriously though, if we talking chips, it has to be ready salted (Or crisps....*sigh* Britons and there lingo. We call them crisps, i don't know how that works, but that's UK for ya. Do people actually like Salt and Vinegar? They burn your mouth pretty bad....ehem, moving on...)

Anyways, thanks for stopping by...(People and there stupid Salt and Vinegar....ok, ok, i'll stop.)

Just now, TheVideoGamer said:

You know, i might as well be president of MnP lol 

Before Hoboka get's a chance to react, i've already done it. Best to talk to him though, i only can give you so much lol.

But seriously though, if we talking chips, it has to be ready salted (Or crisps....*sigh* Britons and there lingo. We call them crisps, i don't know how that works, but that's UK for ya. Do people actually like Salt and Vinegar? They burn your mouth pretty bad....ehem, moving on...)

Anyways, thanks for stopping by...(People and there stupid Salt and Vinegar....ok, ok, i'll stop.)

One day, maybe TVG. 

Salt & Vinegar is good stuff >:3

14 hours ago, Seth Skoda said:

Well, it's good to know there's a good community here.

By way, this is off-topic, but I left you a review on that Sonic CD remix. I was blown away. I'd like to collab some time...

To TheVideoGamer: I guess it's good I got that out of the way, then, as I would definitely like to participate in more of these challenges. I did enjoy remaking that tune.

Thank you to everyone for your help.

You don't have to, if you can't. I did it because i found it fun. I ended up discovering some sick tunes to listen to, in my free time because of it. If you have the time, then i suppose it's nice to enter every now and again, like i said it can be fun. Glad to be of service. 

Just now, HoboKa said:

One day, maybe TVG. 

Salt & Vinegar is good stuff >:3

I am never speaking to you again. Take your Salt and Vinegar and get out of here. We don't take kindly to the sacrilegious acidity of saltiness and vinegary textures.

I'm only joking by the way. I do like this flavour (I have my eye on you...you...salt loving traitor....ahem...) 

14 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Oh, your take is nowhere near being non-conservative, don't worry.  Being non-conservative in the MnP books is altering the source material too much, rearranging a shit-ton...reducing or increasing the tempo way beyond.  Altering the mood too much.  OFC...exceptions are for Howlowe'en and December, b/c they are more thematic - and sometimes the source material doesn't always fit the theme of those holiday specials.

I'll give you an example of as "liberal" an approach as I can tolerate in MnP...

https://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/MnP12

Skoshu's entry. 

Changing the sound chip, shouldn't be illegal right? If it is, then i will file a lawsuit against whoever said it is. 

Making a Sega Genesis cover, does nothing to the composition, but more of what the sound is. In this case FM.

Welcome to the Voting Stage!

• There are 3 entries this round.
  • There is 1 Bonus entry this round
  • There IS a voter bonus this round.
  • TheVideoGamer has a vote worth 2x.  Like a bauss. 
  • Don't vote for Bonus entries please. 
  • Participants may not vote for themselves.  

Vote ends Oct 31st 11PM

Vote here https://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/MnP106
(Dunno why never thought to do this ^ before.  Probably laziness. ((edit))How come no one raised this issue to me and it had to occur to me at over 100 rounds?  T_T)

Edited by HoboKa

Results

• HoboKa got 1st with 9 points. 
  • Seth Skoda got 2nd with 8 points.  
  • Bundeslang got 3rd with 7 points. 

I PM'd myself for the next entry/round.  Don't ask how that works.

Comments

Well, I didn't expect to win.  Thanks for participating guys, and for voting for me :D - I'll set up next round with my own pick in a bit. 

Forgot to comment on TVG's bonus.  Nice spoopy take on the tune, TVG.  I especially like that theremin sample.  Nice mixups too.

Edited by HoboKa

17 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Results

• HoboKa got 1st with 9 points. 
  • Seth Skoda got 2nd with 8 points.  
  • Bundeslang got 3rd with 7 points. 

PM me the source tune for round 103

Comments

Well, I didn't expect to win.  Thanks for participating guys, and for voting for me :D - I'll set up next round with my own pick in a bit. 

Forgot to comment on TVG's bonus.  Nice spoopy take on the tune, TVG.  I especially like that theremin sample.  Nice mixups too.

Aaaannnddd I missed an opportunity to vote....me and my procrastination...

Oh well congrats HoboKa!

Edited by TheVideoGamer

8 hours ago, TheVideoGamer said:

Aaaannnddd I missed an opportunity to vote....me and my procrastination...

Oh well congrats HoboKa!

I'll do it now, why not. These are just comments by the way.

Hoboka - Really like your take Hoboka. The choir was great! Also liked the 8-bit sounds used. Needs bass though! Like a lot of bass. It's missing in a lot of areas. Also i felt the mix was a little inconsistent (Some parts hits a bit high in the threshold). The sound choices were pretty epic though. Love that choir, just amazing Great job dude!

SethSkoda - SethSkoda's was a really good Genesis conversion. Hits right at home, in a Sonic Level. A bit too sharp for me, could have picked some less piercing FM sounds, but for the most part i really liked the cover. It felt pretty Genesis/Mega Drive accurate to me.

Bundeslang - I'm sorry this was just sooooo loud. Tone it down, and the results are pretty good. Great choice of sounds, really felt that techno/trance vibe, nice and consistent. If you ignored the mix, i really liked the sounds, and the way it works with the melody. Unfortunately it clips so bad, and it's soo loud. Good job though!

• Liontamer changed the title to MnP 106: DuckTales (Nes) - Transylvania