Rocket Knight Adventures

kidThunder

Anyone heard of it? lol

I used to rent that game a lot back in the day

Good music

darn right!! when i get the wii, i will definitely download that game on the wii's virtual console!! along with the SNES version of Sparkster...the Genesis version of Sparkster is crap!! but definitely, i will download Rocket Knight Adventures!! The hottest game on Genesis!!

God, I love Rocket Knight Adventures. Nice graphics, great music, fun, challenging... It's one of those games that I don't see many people mention much, but was probably one of my favorite games when I was younger.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't some members of the team that developed RKA eventually split off from Konami to form Treasure?

God, I love Rocket Knight Adventures. Nice graphics, great music, fun, challenging... It's one of those games that I don't see many people mention much, but was probably one of my favorite games when I was younger.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't some members of the team that developed RKA eventually split off from Konami to form Treasure?

They probably did to create Gunstar Heroes...and if I'm not mistaking, I'm thinking some of them probably was already at Treasure for the development of this SNES shooter Axelay!! Other than that, I don't know

Anyone heard of it? lol

Good music

darn right!! when i get the wii, i will definitely download that game on the wii's virtual console!! along with the SNES version of Sparkster...the Genesis version of Sparkster is crap!! but definitely, i will download Rocket Knight Adventures!! The hottest game on Genesis!!

No, the genesis version of Sparkster is not crap. It's an excellent game with lots of great level design and gameplay ideas.

Anyone heard of it? lol

Good music

No, the genesis version of Sparkster is not crap. It's an excellent game with lots of great level design and gameplay ideas.

They were going for different demographics with the two versions. The SNES game was more like a traditional platformer while the other had more focus on speed and action, what with the frequent rocket usage and all.

• 5 weeks later...

I recall playing that game once (rented from Blockbuster) when I was a wee one. It was great fun, and I though the graphics were amazing, but unfortunately my skills at video games were not up to par at that time, so the game utterly owned my soul. [/frieght train]

Never played RKA or sparkster, but i managed to nab the Sparkster sprite sheet once way back. Just ran across it recently. If i remember correctly, it's pretty complete, but i'm not sure what system it was for. Looks genesis, as it's not as smooth as an SNES game, but the SNES was capable of the same pallates.

Yes, I have both of those games, and I must agree that they both kick large amounts of ass. Sparkster on SNES is my favorite of the two, but they were both great games (I think the Genesis version of sparkster is a little differrent, but I don't know). The music is really good, and the gameplay is cool and the possum has a lot of different ways attacks and ways to travel - walking, jet pack, climbing on rails with his tail, robots, etc.

The games just have so much variety, even more so with Sparkster.

Yeah, Konami can really dish out good games when they get creative.

The only thing I don't like about those games is how he can't be controlled when falling after a jetpack boost.

But didn't they fix that on the Genesis version of Sparkster? I don't know because I don't have it.

• 2 years later...