Rocket Knight Adventures

kidThunder

I'm excited, but I gotta be honest, the screenshots making the rounds just don't impress me all that much, not like the other retro games that have been redone. That overblurred background (and the level's looks) just doesn't have the same feeling as the original. Looks like LittleBigPlanet with Sparkster thrown in.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see Sparkster making his triumphant return from the good old Rocket Knight days (I own both the Genesis games and I played the hell out of the SNES version as a kid) but graphically, I'm not really diggin' the new look so far.

Still, looking forward to more news. :)

• 5 months later...

I have both RKA and Sparkster on my Genesis which I've played through a hundred times. I thoroughly played through Sparkster on the SNES as a child also.

My only problem with Sparkster on the Genesis is that, graphically and superficially, it felt like a step backward from Rocket Knight Adventures. The art just wasn't as inspired, imo.

Sparkster on the SNES was a lot of fun to play, but yeah, completely different games. SNES version was pathetically easy in comparison to the Genesis title(s), that said, there are still a lot of memorable moments in the Super Nintendo version.

... Rocket Knight Adventures is still my favorite. I like the fact that you can do damage with direct sword attacks. The graphics are just more fun and appealing imo.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone heard of this Sega Genesis game called Rocket Knight Adventures? It's pretty cool! The second one, called Sparkster came out on the Genesis and SNES.

I still have the original cartridge with case and booklet. I played the crap out of it. It took me years to beat it. I will never forget it.

EDIT: Wow, a thread so old I actually forgot I already posted in it. Where the hell did this one come from?

• 4 weeks later...