PRC398 - The Secret of the Shore (Secret of Mana)

Bundeslang

Best game  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which game music is the best?

• Mega Man
    • Super Mario Bros
    • Godzilla
    • Lemmings
    • Kevduke
    • Sonic
    • Blaster Master
    • No game music, I'm listening to Christmas songs every day

This poll is closed to new votes

The People's Remix Competition 398
PRCv16-13

Hello everyone and Welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

In PRC396 it was Dextastic who found a way to defeat TheVideoGamer. HoboKa again contributed with a bonus.

On 9/25/2019 at 7:03 AM, Dextastic said:

Let's do Monarch on the Shore from Secret of Mana.

Midi: https://files.khinsider.com/midifiles/snes/secret-of-mana/monarch-on-the-shore.mid

Audio: 

Source: Secret of Mana - Monarch on the Shore (SNES)

MIDI File

Source Information

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

The deadline is Wednesday October 16th 2019 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT), check the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Make sure that the song is uploaded to ThaSauce or that there’s a download link posted in this thread.

You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that if you use ThaSauce, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix if you use ThaSauce. Of course you can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread.

Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.

Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.

The winner of this round may select the source for PRC401, two rounds after next round.

The winner of PRC396, Dextastic, who picked this source, can only participate by submitting a Bonus Mix. His vote is doubled in the voting stage. 

You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC ThaSauce Home Page

6 hours ago, HoboKa said:

What!!??  So many SANIC votes??  (2bf I prefer MM over Mario tunes...so...can't really beat the drum on that one?)

(edit)

I'll try and participate this time.  Dropped the ball last round.  x_X

I think everyone is afraid for the possibility that Christmas music gets the most votes, since the outcome of this poll has a big influence, it will be the source for PRC400.

9 hours ago, Bundeslang said:

I think everyone is afraid for the possibility that Christmas music gets the most votes, since the outcome of this poll has a big influence, it will be the source for PRC400.

To be honest, it’s a bit too early for Christmas songs. December time is the best time for me. Don’t know about you guys.

16 hours ago, HoboKa said:

What!!??  So many SANIC votes??  (2bf I prefer MM over Mario tunes...so...can't really beat the drum on that one?)

(edit)

I'll try and participate this time.  Dropped the ball last round.  x_X

I don’t know some of these, that’s probably why. Personally, Mario is a bit overhyped. Every one knows Mario (Especially the early games) by now, so find a bit of a cliche at this point. Can’t argue with the sick modern Mario soundtracks though. 

Just me though....ok why are you staring at me like that...oh boy...help?

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has 3 songs. The following people compete against each other:

HoboKa

NinjaPenguinDan

TheVideoGamer

To vote, do the following:

·       Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries.

·       Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen or click PM.

·       Fill in the entries from first to second in the ThaSauce form or fill in your top 3.

·       State a reasoning for it.

·       Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve, They get a 3 point bonus.

·       Dex has a vote that counts twice.

·       Always look in this thread to find out who's the winner of the round after the voting stage instead of only looking at ThaSauce for the results. Especially since some people might vote by sending me a PM.

You have until THIS Monday, October 21st 10:59 AM ThaSauce time (17:00 UTC, 18:00 GMT) to vote.

If you vote by PM make sure that your top 3 is clear. I prefer something like this:

(To)

(Subject)

PRC ### Vote

(Message):

1: (remixer A )

2: (remixer B )

3: (remixer C )

(reasoning)

I will post the feedback given in the PM’s and the votes in this thread. The winner may choose the source tune for PRC398.

Check the ThaSauce Page to vote or click here to send a PM.

I'm sorry for the delay (I was too busy with working on the MnP track :)), but it's Results time

TheVideoGamer got 12 points, only enough for the last place wooden spoon.

HoboKa got several first place votes, but his score of 14 brings him second place

NinjaPenguinDan is the winner with 16 points!!.

NinjaPenguin, you are the winner and may pick a source for PRC401. Send the source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix). Send your sources as fast as you can, but before Monday 4 November 2019), 11:00 AM ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT).

You may select any source from any game, but not a source with an OverClocked remix or a source which has been used in PRC before. An overview of the past PRC's can be found in the following links (I recently updated this site):

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/prc398 for the votes and comments.

Edited by Bundeslang

On 10/24/2019 at 4:29 AM, Bundeslang said:

I'm sorry for the delay (I was too busy with working on the MnP track :)), but it's Results time

TheVideoGamer got 12 points, only enough for the last place wooden spoon.

HoboKa got several first place votes, but his score of 14 brings him second place

NinjaPenguinDan is the winner with 16 points!!.

NinjaPenguin, you are the winner and may pick a source for PRC401. Send the source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix). Send your sources as fast as you can, but before Monday 4 November 2019), 11:00 AM ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT).

You may select any source from any game, but not a source with an OverClocked remix or a source which has been used in PRC before. An overview of the past PRC's can be found in the following links (I recently updated this site):

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/prc398 for the votes and comments.

Thanks for participating Billy Bob Jr.  <3

Congrats NPD.  Fun round.

• 3 weeks later...