odd mixes of foods...

Quizzledorf

i saw those threads about sandwiches and whatnot, and decided to share a few of the random combinations of food i've eaten, and wanted you to say what you've eaten that's out of the ordinary.

1 snack pack (chocolate)

some chili cheese fritos

crush the fritos and stir them into the pudding

then eat it FWAHAHA!

NEXT!!

2 hot fudge sundae pop tarts

taco flavored doritos

glass of chocolate milk

sandwich the chips between the 2 pop tarts and dip it in the milk, it's tasty

ok yeah, it sounds sick, but they're actually pretty good

ive seen someone eat pasta with ranch dressing as a sauce.

--

but the worst ive ever eaten is...

Chicken heart, liver, stomach, lung, throat, etc.

Same with cow. +add tounge and intestine

same with pig. +add intestine

Ive pretty much eaten every organ except Brain, pancreas, and the spleen. And of course the reproductive organs. I stay as far away as possible from those.

--

What's with all the food related threads lately?

Anyway, some strange foods I've eaten that were unexpectedly delicious:

Raw chicken

Raw chicken hearts

Live sea urchins

Raw squid and octopus

Swallows nest soup

Algae and vinegar with a raw quail's egg

A few things that my friends like but haven't tried:

Congealed blood and intestine soup

Jellyfish

Raw chicken

Raw chicken hearts

Live sea urchins

Raw squid and octopus

Swallows nest soup

.....WHAT? :vomit:

That's Fear Factor shit right there. A couple I could see maybe being somewhat tasty, but that last one... Jesus God, man.

Raw chicken

Raw chicken hearts

Live sea urchins

Raw squid and octopus

Swallows nest soup

.....WHAT? :vomit:

That's Fear Factor shit right there. A couple I could see maybe being somewhat tasty, but that last one... Jesus God, man.

Well the algae wasn't as good as the others due to the slimy texture, but I like vinegar so it wasn't bad. Raw chicken was amazingly good though. Would eat again, as well as the insanely fresh sea urchins. They were yummy!

Congealed blood is not something I can get behind. I had it hot pot sometime last year and... eww. I'll try anything, but that was one thing that I will never consume again. It's gelatinous yet... somehow sturdy? And then you put it in the soup and it maintains its texture but it gets hot and... It's gross.

Intestine has the worst texture and you know exactly what it is while you're eating it. It doesn't taste bad, in fact it's quite good. But you have to deal with the fact that poo went through there. It's tough and rubbery and not appitizing at all.

Lung is pretty terrible as well. It's tough and rubbery and has a godawful dirty rubber flavor to it. We found a great dish out here that was delicious, except for the lung. I just couldn't get past that. It's a flavor that stays in your mouth for ages. It's like it's coated in a fine layer of dust and nothing you do can get that flavor out. Nothing.

Dog is... well, it's dog. If you don't like dogs then it's amazing. Soft, tender meat, oddly enough. A lot like mutton yet nothing like it. It's a delicacy and for good reason.

I will say, however, that hot pot is one of the most amazing things in the world and I highly reccomend it, although I've never seen it in America. In fact, I don't know if it would even fly in America due to all the health restrictions (which would prevent all of the finest cooking styles and foods from entering the nation).

When its cold you get all of your friends and family seated around a huge table. The table has a massive hole in it so a propane tank can heat a massive pot of soup. Then you order all of the raw meats and vegetables you can handle and dump them in the water as you see fit. Essentially you get your broth and you, as a team, make the soup as you see fit. It's also really fun to take a raw piece of mutton or beef and hold it underwater for ten seconds. You get to watch the thing cook before you pull it out, blow on it and eat it. It's wonderful. Plus it's you and all of your friends seated around an enormous bowl of steaming soup while it's cold outside. It's a great, emotionally warming experience.

You're lucky to be where you are, Evilhead. I've noticed that Chinese food is more about the flavors you can add to dishes than the meats themselves, while Japanese food is more about the flavors of the actual objects. I've thought about that and it does make sense. Take China, a nation of many, many, many people and a history of dirty water supplies and poverty and the flavors serve to cover the state of the meat itself.

There's a lot of preserved stuff out here, which makes perfect sense when you only get a set amount of food to last x amount of days. Meat spoils quickly, so you preserve it or chill it to make it last as long as possible. So the super intense spices or the wonderfully varied flavors serve to cover up the flavor of old meats. One of my favorite dishes is a smoked bacon and pig's fat, which is served up numerous ways.

But raw fish? Hell, raw anything? There's no way in hell I'd eat anything like that out here. Flash fry it or boil it and I won't get the butt pee.

But. Back on track. Oreos and Easy Cheeze is my special snack. We made a kid eat it way back in the Boy Scouts and he convinced us all to do the same. It's a taste sensation.

Also try black licorice and Nutella. It's wonderous.

Cranberry sauce with jalepeños. The two work wonders with each other!

That's no odd combo.

Have you never ordered jalepeño poppers from a restaurant before?

Try telling that to my family. They are, shall we say, "culinarily conservative," and afraid to try new things. It's really quite aggravating for me. Another combo I once made with dinner was mashed pumpkin potatoes. I knew it was going to be great, but my dad insisted that I get a box of instant mashed potatoes "just in case." :x