Album: Cyborg Hobo Cavemen (video update)

HoboKa

Is this all original music? It's quite chill, and quite nice. Good melodic content and the mixing seems to be on point.

I feel like $7 would be fair if you were more well-known. You need to utilize social media to make this happen.

I think you should not only jump on Newgrounds, but try Soundclick.com to grab an audience, though that's more for beat and soundtrack producers than regular artists. Wouldn't hurt, though.

16 hours ago, Seth Skoda said:

Is this all original music? It's quite chill, and quite nice. Good melodic content and the mixing seems to be on point.

I feel like $7 would be fair if you were more well-known. You need to utilize social media to make this happen.

I think you should not only jump on Newgrounds, but try Soundclick.com to grab an audience, though that's more for beat and soundtrack producers than regular artists. Wouldn't hurt, though.

Oh well.  Price reduction time.  (edit) Yep, all original.

Nevertheless...it's important to gain an audience.  I'll try and set those accounts up asap.  Gotta hit the hay now though.  Thanks for feedback and stuff :D

Oh and thanks for taking the time to listen!

Edited by HoboKa

• 2 years later...

Now that I've listened to it from start to finish, I can attest that this album is a pretty sophisticated work and is equally great for both easy listening in the background and for turning up amp volume if you'd like to rock the house!

Each of the tracks has its own particular highlight, starting with the "Arabic"-sounding vocals in the first one and transporting that "DK Fear Factory ambience", which is especially present in track #2.
"80's Surreal Feel" reminded me of both the good ol' Kraftwerk days and 90s chiptune sounds a lot, creating some sort of EBM genre music. DKC2 mine track vibes followed in the next track since it used the same chord progression, which made it an instant temptation for me to whistle along with the original DKC2 melody for a perfectly fitting "2nd melody".

"Darkened Waters ~ Requiem of a Cyborg" features a nice increase in tension, with the mysteriously sounding drumless solo strings part being a perfect intermission before the intensity ramp-up to the finale. SHMUP would be an instant winner for any 90s RPG final boss battle, I guess... And, last but not least, you definitely should get some demo/intro coders to use "Cyborg A$$ Moochers" for a presentation in the demo scene!

NICELY DONE, HoboKa!

• HoboKa changed the title to Album: Cyborg Hobo Cavemen (Official Release...finaly)
  • HoboKa changed the title to Album: Cyborg Hobo Cavemen (Official Release...finally)
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 3:36 AM, T- Ape said:

DUDE! SOLID!!

You go from A to Z!

I love your work! How long did it take you to make this album??

Woah, missed this alert apparently. Technically almost 12 years, since a lot of these tracks date back to 2008, but with much lower production value.  Finished them up in 2019.  Glad that you dig the album!

• HoboKa changed the title to Album: Cyborg Hobo Cavemen
  • HoboKa changed the title to Album: Cyborg Hobo Cavemen (video update)