OCR00189 - Gun.Smoke "Spaghetti Cowboy"

m68030

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

First I want to say I'm a huge fan of old western music, especially Ennio Morriccone (he was the guy who composed the scores for such classics as The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, and A Fist Full Of Dollars.) This is just pure gold. I absolutely love what you did with this stuff. A real change of pace.

• 1 year later...

I actually found this one while listening to that OC Remix Radio thing. as soon as I heard it, I went and downloaded it immediately. This thing is awesome.

EL EDITO: The trumpet sample works much better in this one than it does in the Zelda 3 mix by the same guy.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd never played Gunsmoke till yesterday, and I immediately envisioned a remix of the great music. Then I remembered there was a remix or two at OCR, but I never checked them out, so I got this one.

My opinion: WOW. Just wow. I would've preferred if it started off with some The Good The Bad & The Ugly style whistling, but it's an excellent remix nonetheless.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I would have been way happier with this remix if there was less of that sound effect that sounds like someone playing with a spring. Everything else was very nice, though. I'm definitely a fan of the genre, and I think this does it justice.

And if you're wondering how I came across such an old song - you can thank ormgas for that.

• 2 years later...

Hahaha! Dunno how I passed up commenting on this one. Awesome upgrade-style remix. Goofy sounds, along some solid brass (good brass?!?), it's Gux with some serious flavor here, "Psghetti Cowboy." [sic]

If only the game weren't so fast-paced or had some 1-one-1 shootout areas, this would set the scene perfectly while being a little tongue-in-cheek.

• 5 months later...

The jawharp is a bit too prominent, but otherwise this is a great mix, you definitely know what you are getting into from the title, and despite the lack of any real expansion, it conveys the mood really well. Excellent sound choices to really get the style down.

I'm very impressed with the brass; you have to listen pretty close to hear that it's synthetic, and even then it's mostly the repetition of the vibrato.

After a few listens though, that jawharp simply has to go, or maybe take a break for a section or two. :-(

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

Now this is a cool ReMix. Any kind of western theme done right sounds great to me and this mix does well to balance the sense of grand adventure and forlorn wilderness. Would have loved for the jawharp to not be so loud and out in front the whole time, but it still added to the mix rather than take from it, so I won't pick at it any more. Nice work, dude!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00189 - Gun.Smoke "Spaghetti Cowboy"