Trapopolis Zone - Sonic 3 & Knuckles Album [All Welcome to Jump In]

Seth Skoda

The main theme here is that Robotnik is now a gangsta. The entire setting of the game is now much like the hood. Robotnik has amassed a battery of automatic weapons, explosives and ammunition. He's about to rain down a living Hell on the inhabitants of Angel Island and abroad. The music should reflect this alternate story.

This paragraph here is an edit made 11-29-2019. I'm adding it to say that non-trap rearrangements may be submitted in midi format via PM. I understand that not many here know how to make trap music (it's actually quite easy once you learn a few things). For that reason, I've expanded the possibilities to include rearrangements from those who have no knowledge of how to make trap music. The album will still be 100% trap, as I will turn any submitted MIDI files to trap. It's almost as easy as I make it sound. But please, do not send me a MIDI sequence you just downloaded on vgmusic or something like that. It must be your own rearrangement.

I don't necessarily need rapping here. I fear that it may take away from the melodic content of the source material to do so, and therefore I am okay with an instrumental album.

Though if someone does want to rap, I will give it careful consideration.

I aim to have just the main level and boss themes remixed. If anyone wants to do stuff like the title screen, competition menu or anything else, they're welcome to it.

The end goal is a single CD album, so long as all of the tracks fit into 80 minutes or less.

I have a few tracks that I consider "almost complete," which I've uploaded to Newgrounds Audio Portal. Two of them made Featured Content, surprisingly.

Here are the tracks I have so far:

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/885604

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/884680

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/880226

and, most recently, this:

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/890207

I consider none of these finished. My plan is to bang out the ones I feel like doing to a nearly completed state, hoping for others to join in this project. After that, I'll go back and fix what I feel needs fixing. Then, at that point, I'll reevaluate the status of this project based on how many members there are (if anyone joins). I'll make my next move from there.

In the event that I completely finish all of the tracks I feel like doing and no one has joined this project, I will start work on the other tracks. I may even close this to anyone else and keep this as a blog of my work. I have no problem with being a one man show or hosting the project somewhere myself (though I'd rather have OCR's support and an official OCR album). To be honest, though, life has taught me to never wait on other people...

I guess I should go on to explain what I want. Any rearrangement of music from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, really, as long as it's trap style (you can fuse other genres if you want, I suppose) and at least loosely follows music from Sonic 3 & Knuckles. It can even be of source material I've already covered (see linked tracks above). Hybrid mixes of more than one theme from the game are welcome as well. If there turn out to be enough tracks, hybrid mixes could be bonus tracks, possibly for a "disc 2." Obviously, quality is a must. If your arrangement is good, but your mixing is not, you're welcome to PM me the mp3 and a zip of the audio stems and MIDI data. It would actually be best if the mixing is consistent across all tracks, so I may ask for this anyway, good mixing or not. If you happen to use Mixcraft 7 or 8, you could send me a zip of the project file instead (use the command in the File menu). I have Mixcraft 7 Recording Studio and Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio (so I can sidechain and what not).

As for submitting tracks for this project, tell me the name of the rearrangement, the name by which you want to be known and preferably a .wav file, though .mp3 at 192kbps or higher is acceptable. Also please poast in this topic to make it official that you're in this project (even if it's just one track).

BTW I'm trying to add tags, but the thing to add tags won't load. I wish to add the following tags: album, remixer. I'd appreciate a moderator fixing this for me. I may add the tag "artist" when this project is close to completion. On the other hand, I know someone on Newgrounds who makes album artwork...

EDIT: I am still unable to Add Tags...

Edited by Seth Skoda
Added another paragraph to bring in more people

Man...this white background and that wall of text (that is small for an old fart like me) is making it very hard for me to focus.  ....Right imma go copy and paste that into a word doc. 

Might I suggest that you color-code certain parts to emphasize the most pertinent points?  Maybe rely on bullet points etc.  Or maybe I'm just retarded.  Anyways.....

(edit)

No seriously, go do as I suggested.  Might garner an extra look-see or two that way.  Heard tell that they were gonna do a dark-theme for the forums.  But it's not here yet. 

Edited by HoboKa

11 minutes ago, HoboKa said:

Man...this white background and that wall of text (that is small for an old fart like me) is making it very hard for me to focus.  ....Right imma go copy and paste that into a word doc. 

Might I suggest that you color-code certain parts to emphasize the most pertinent points?  Maybe rely on bullet points etc.  Or maybe I'm just retarded.  Anyways.....

I see someone is getting used to the dark side (Newgrounds) 

By the way, try viewing on mobile. Much easier on the eyes imo

EDIT: What? A dark theme on OCR? Blasphemy! 

Edited by Seth Skoda

• 3 months later...

I know you've already told me about this, but this is a dope concept I'm all for. 

I definitely think having some tracks with rap vocals would be good for it and help the project stand out in a good way. 
For an example of what I was thinking, I ended up vibing with sand trap so much I wrote and recorded this a couple days ago. 

(If you don't want to download, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TW78-pyXlHGsJaeQkumCF_aUOv_yI-se/view?usp=sharing)

Sand Trap Beta.wav

Edited by Cole Train

• 3 weeks later...