OCR04018 - *YES* Mega Man 4 "Cossack Skies²" *RESUB*

Rexy

• Liontamer changed the title to 2019/10/11 - (1Y) Mega Man 4 "Cossack Skies²"
  • Liontamer pinned this topic

Oh, it's great to see this one on the boards again; I really enjoyed the atmosphere that this one brought with it, even in it's first iteration, so let's see what how this develops from that foundation.

I'm hearing a few pads being brought in to break up the soundscape, from time to time, which is good (especially when they alone support the source at 3:28 - excellent drop of instruments there, by the way). The repeat from prior now really feels like it has a reason to be in this track, so my initial concern of repetition is definitely covered.

I was on board before, but I agree that an overall stronger piece has come back to us in the end, which is great. Awesome work!

YES

Edited by Gario

• Gario changed the title to 2019/10/11 - (2Y) Mega Man 4 "Cossack Skies²"

I concur: excellent job distilling the best parts of the original arrangement and playing around with them to make something new with generally improved flow and much less repetition.  Cutting down the length while adding new progression to the textures worked wonders.  Creative, catchy, and chill.

YES

this track has so much more identity to it now compared to before. the removal of some of the repetition and addition of more character in the background and percussion is great. an example of how you've reinforced this from start to finish is the consistent use of acciaccatura in the melody line (this is the accented delayed stepwise motion at the end of each phrase). using it throughout and then echoing it in the inverse in the rhythm of that great arpeggio synth that sneaks in around 3:30ish is a great payoff moment. i don't know if you did it on purpose but they dovetail really well together and i love that.

this one's easy.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR04018 - *YES* Mega Man 4 "Cossack Skies²"