Critique my latest? Big emotive synth metal... stuff.

jane

So yours true just went through a breakup. Rough, right? Yes, but also:

This is how I tend to process things like that (artistically). Honestly, I feel like this is the best thing I've done musically all year (and I do a lot of stuff, some of it of questionable quality). I'd love some ears on it and some feedback.

Do be gentle-ish and please bear in mind that I do everything on my own (write, perform, record, mix, master), so yes, those are my vocals and I am in no way a professional singer or anything like that. I am, however, always interested in bettering myself so please, let me know what you think and thank you for listening if you do.

• 1 month later...

Impressive and evocative. Chilling at the whisper section (if there isn't a musical term for those, there should be.) You convey (well) a bitter intensity with an electric spark. I love the journey of this piece, it bears a painful semblance to a hard emotional progression. My condolences for that emotional baggage, wishing you the best on moving on from that. But it seems that sorrow can beget great art. Your piece imposes strong feeling on the listener, and I'd go so far to suggest a cathartic experience as well. Good work here.

32 minutes ago, Souperion said:

Impressive and evocative. Chilling at the whisper section (if there isn't a musical term for those, there should be.) You convey (well) a bitter intensity with an electric spark. I love the journey of this piece, it bears a painful semblance to a hard emotional progression. My condolences for that emotional baggage, wishing you the best on moving on from that. But it seems that sorrow can beget great art. Your piece imposes strong feeling on the listener, and I'd go so far to suggest a cathartic experience as well. Good work here.

Absolutely blown away by this response. Thank you so much for this and your sensitivity to a stranger, friend. Have a really good New Years!

48 minutes ago, Souperion said:

You're very welcome. Music is a powerful means of expression, and in a way, we make ourselves vulnerable in sharing it because it effectively displays a part of us and our experience. So thanks for sharing Destroyed By Polariods.

I hear that. I barely sing at all because for me it's maybe the only time I feel vulnerable. Ick!

If I may repay the favour for you at some point and check out your jams, please let me know.