Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life - Spring remix

Thylacine

Since it usually takes a few months to get a remix up and going, I'm going to request this one nice and early.

In the game "Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life," there are two records you can purchase to play music. One is titled "Breeze," which is an upbeat tune that is more fitting for the spring and summer months. The other is "Quiet Winter," which is, obviously, more fitting for colder months and is a softer, slower harp song.

I would like a remix of either one. It doesn't matter which, and it can be done in any style that seems fitting, but try to make it spring-like for the upcoming months. Ambience would work well, such as birds or running water (both of which can be heard in the game).

Also, just as an aside for those not interested (or unable) to do the above, any Harvest Moon songs would be great. I've seen a few pop up in the judging, and I was disheartened to see them get the big fat NO. There are very simple tunes in most HM games and they are good remixing practice for beginners, as well as slam-dunks for the vets.

Thank you very much, and happy holidays!

I havent toutched that game in a few months, but if I remember, that spring theme is found in a lot of HM games which brings me to my real point...

Almost all themes from the Harvest Moon series deserve mixing, mostly HM64. The bouncy spring theme, fun and energetic summer theme, the fall theme that I cant remember, the solemn winter theme...

I think, this is one of OCR's flaws. As much as anybody wants the, these are some of the themes we just may never see get done. *Sigh*... Karen... Good times, good times...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, but the issue here is that remixes take a good deal of time, and the season theme is usually good for the season it is in. Harvest Moon does such a good job with the thematic appropriateness of its songs that it's hard to pull one of the season themes away and not think "Hey, that's the winter song" and base all of your assumptions and choices off of that association. The remix tends to go in that direction for novices who take that assignment and try to make it great, ultimately resulting in a poor mix (too close to the original) and a disheartened mixer.

Even in my own request, I mentally associated "Breeze" with the warmer seasons, based purely on instrumentation.

What I'm getting at here is that I don't want to see a "Spring" remix for a spring-oriented song. I want it either shaken up and given a new feel appropriate for spring (such as Ziwtra's "Desert Snowstorm" is fitting for a cold area) or just a remix of the spring theme itself, taken in a direction far from the original.

Whoever is interested in this, if you DO choose to remix a spring or spring-like song from Harvest Moon, make it stand out. That's good advice for any game remix, but with this series, you have to overcome your mental block and hear the music, not the season.

Of course, OCR vets won't have any problem with this. ;)