OCR04049 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword & Breath of the Wild "Hidden Shrines"

Rexy

RebeccaETripp
Rebecca Tripp

http://www.crystalechosound.com/
ID: 48262
Game(s): Skyward Sword, Breath of the Wild
Song Title: Hidden Shrines
Songs Remixed: Temple of Hylia (SS) Cave Shrine (BotW)

TPR Collaborated with me on this piece.  Here is a link to his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/phoenixrisemusic/videos
He’s already agreed to let me submit this. :)

• 1 month later...
  • Chimpazilla changed the title to 2019/02/04 - (2Y) Legend of Zelda: SS & BotW "Hidden Shrines"

Sweet and simple - I agree with my peers.  What I heard was two instances of Temple of Hylia, and some playing around with Cave Shrine to close it all out.  Both themes have a significant amount of subtractive arrangement, too, with additions like woodwind counter-melodies, harp flourishes and pitched percussion pushing this business in the composition that the source material didn't have.  Ideally, I would've liked to have seen both themes riffing off each other rather than being in this medley format, but they transition well, and the structure is robust.  Good stuff.

It also checks out on the production side, too - with just the right amount of dynamics without being too quiet.  The mixdown is clean, the parts are easy to identify, the instrumentation is all beautifully articulated, and the reversed sounds also have a mysterious yet attentive touch.  It's by far one of the better productions I've seen from Rebecca, and I do hope to hear more of that in the future.

If not apparent by now, it's a lovely arrangement with an equally beautiful presentation - and one that I feel is suited for the home page.  Great collab work!

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2019/02/04 - (3Y) Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword & Breath of the Wild "Hidden Shrines"
  • 2 weeks later...

this is a pretty easy vote. i would have liked to hear a bit more arrangement throughout as there isn't much humanization on the use of the themes, but there's a really clear and stark picture painted clearly by this arrangement. MW nailed it when he said that it's a great balance between the ambiance of the BotW source combined with the melodic content of the SS track.

the light use of synths really makes this work. nice job using them so subtly without allowing them to take over.

YES