*NO* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Sandy Steps"

Rexy

Decent instrumentation/textural ideas, but the beats in the back were fairly generic-sounding, the textures were relatively empty the first couple of minutes, and most of the sequencing/timing sounded extremely rigid (the switch to piano at 1:38 exposing this issue even more than the first 90 seconds). Melodically, the Gerudo theme should have gone in some other directions a lot earlier, because the track felt repetitive. At least the wind-down section at 3:38 presented some different foreground writing to finally bring out a change. It's ambitious, Nathan, but unpolished.

NO

• Liontamer changed the title to 2019/06/23 - (1N) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Sandy Steps"
  • 1 month later...

I largely agree with Larry.  You have a couple of good ideas here regarding riffs and instrumentation, but those ideas play themselves out within the first 1:20 or so.  The rest doesn't offer much reason to keep listening.  The beats do start sounding generic and repetitive, and we start hearing very similar ideas in slightly different permutations.  It's a good start but there need to be more creative ideas presented as it goes along.

NO

Very interesting arrangement ideas here, but I have to agree with the other J's that the production sounds unpolished.  The sequencing of the guitar and piano both sound extremely rigid and unnatural.  The filter-automated synth is cool but seems randomly used rather than purposefully, and outstays its welcome.  The drum loop is very repetitive and is mixed too quietly.  I happen to think there are plenty of creative ideas here but they aren't executed well enough yet to get this mix over our bar.

NO

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2019/06/23 - (3N) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Sandy Steps"