Amazing Game Mods

supremespleen

I've been in a gaming midlife crisis lately, as I await Christmas (when I will be getting a Wii) - so I started to check out the mods for games I own. I was originally looking for a sci-fi conversion for Warcraft III, which I couldn't find.

I found this this. It's called Damnation, and it is a single player mod for Unreal Tournament 2004. It's a several level long Western steampunk FPS/3rd Person campaign - and it's damn good. The 3rd person focus, which I thought would suck, is wicked. Slick jumps, platforming, etc combine with the ability to possess enemy troops and blow the fecal matter out of 'em with a steam powered sniper. Add in some giant robots and a scantily clad Indian girl, you've got one hell of a game.

I also found this video of a Homeworld 2 to EVE Online RTS conversion. It is still in development, and the development doesn't look like it is going anywhere. Even so, it looks wicked. Too bad it is not going to be finished any time soon.

Just to keep this thread going, I find that S-mod for Half-Life 2 is good for a laugh with your friends, we all got around and started launching a bunch of random things, like bodies, toilets, and Melons. It has a lot of wacky weapons like scissors and even a PSP disk launcher. You play in the same story as the original, but there is some differences here and there.

Guys guys.

G-mod. It's the ultimate mod. You know it, I know it. And if you don't recognize this name, you might as well not even have Half-Life 2.

Here, have some pictures I made!

This is my first picture with Gmod ever. I was messing around with in gm_construct, highly regarded as the

"noob gmod map" and by messing with the filters and the depth of field effects this came up. Pretty fast too, like 30 minutes.

gmconstruct0003yp0.jpg

This is my second picture. I was flying around in office with my new gmod skills i picked up from the gmod forums and went for it.

csoffice0001rs2.jpg

This is the last image I made before dropping the actual picture making of gmod for a while.

Enter the Counter-Matrix.

cscompound0010ia3.jpg

You can get gmod up to version 9.0 on the gmod website. Gmod 10, however, is 10$ on Steam. Which is actually a good thing, since 10$ is a minimal cost to pay and it fixes tons of the gmod bugs and interface issues and whatnot. I know I'm getting it with my leftover christmas cash.

Me and my mate had a field day with that mod. We set up an lan and just went crazy. We made a whole bunch of stupid crap. My favourite creation was a make shift flying mahince i made.

It was a plank of wood with balloons attached all round the edges. I slapped on a few very low energy thrusters for turning and height adjustment. That was scary as hell when i right at the top, but it was pretty stable.

Course i forgot the fact that my friend could just shoot the balloons out... I died...

• 3 weeks later...
I've installed Gmod9, played around with it once and not understood it at all. Perhaps I should get some tutorials?

Yeah, if someone would link to some tutorials, that would be awesome.

I highly recommend Half-Life 2's Substance: GOLD mod - same storyline, but you can change characters - Big Boss, Liquid Snake, Solid Snake, and eventually Cyborg Ninja / Gray Fox, all in addition to Gordon Freeman. Big Boss is good at sniping and working in the dark, Liquid is good at close range (and gets some awesome bullet time stuff too), Solid Snake is awesome at sneaking around and tricking enemies (a particular weapon of his causes all Combine hit with it to start attacking each other or to stand around until they die), and Gray Fox is the amazingly overpowered character you get when you beat the game. All the extra cool stuff you get is balanced out by the obscene difficulty of the game itself.

http://ludus1942.ngi.it/about.html

i concur. i'd like some Gmod tuto.

mod talking, like someone else said in a previous post Morrowind (and oblivion) are the best for modding.

Half life come next. Smod in particular for the stuff gun, the metal gear mod of course and some of the "source" remake we are waiting for (goldeneye, perfect dark halflife blackmesa etc)

another one i like to mod is GTa san andreas. it's fun to change the car to better model.

My source mod recommendations:

I'd second Dystopia, it's a great multiplayer experience, especially for someone who loves team-based objective gameplay like I do. However, the one multiplayer mod that I think everyone should check out is The Hidden; it's a unique and worthwhile experience. When it comes to singleplayer, Mistake of Pythagoras is worth your time but the cream of the crop would definitely be Minerva.

Well I can't link you to tutorials, but if you add me on aim I'll try to explain stuff as well as I can.

Thanks for the offer, but for now I think I'll stick with CS: Source.

Can anyone help me install this ut2k4mod? It's Damnation, and I'd like to install it, but for whatever reason Windows won't open the file with UT2K4 - I think it's because it's on my external, because Windows never lets me open things with programs on my external drive.

If anyone is looking for some solid Diablo II mods, this site is the place to look. I'm currently playing Brother Laz's Median 2008. Fun stuff.

Dammit, I came in this thread specifically to post Median. It's like a whole new game (despite the Amazon's Barrage being retardedly overpowered).