Amazing Game Mods

supremespleen

If you have Oblivion I'd recommend Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. Adds quite a few things and has made it a bit tougher to walk around. (I recommend not attacking guards with it on.)

Guards shmards, I kill'em all even with Oscuro.

Also, I recommend the official add-ons for Oblivion. They're mostly great, with the exception of the horse armor pack (it's like it's made of paper!). The Wizard's Tower one is amazing, with a majestic tower in the snowy mountains, and the Vile Den one too, it even gives you a Dark Minion, who murders people and puts their spoils in a chest for you! The Knights of the Nine is the best quest in my opinion. The last boss looks really cool too. You can get all these add-ons for 20$ with the Knights of the Nine add-on pack.

Garry's mod 10, now available on steam is like a super-sandbox awesome house. You can import objects from pretty much any HL2 mod (Or HL2 itself). After importing the objects, you can pose 'em in comic-style scenarios (Concerned was done entirely with Garry's mod 7-9), or build machines to do pretty much anything you want to, as long as the physics engine agrees with you.

It's well worth the $10, but earlier versions are free if you don't want to pay for it.

Gmod also includes many Lua scripting options, so you can create your own guns, make some bouncy ragdolls, make guns to automatically weld guns firing out guns to someone, whatever you want to add, it's probably scriptable.

Edit: Looks like it was mentioned earlier, but links were not provided. That, or I can't find any links after vBulletin.

I'm going to have to say that The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind owns at modding. It comes with the construction set which in my opinion is so easy a 5 year old can use it and MWSE (Morrowind Script Extinder) makes it even better. since I got the game I think i've added more then enough to make another expansion pack just with my own little additions here and there. The best part is that the mods can be packaged and uploaded to be shared so everyone can use your mods. You can find a bunch of them at the website below, I'm pretty sure they're still uploading new ones every week.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.List

I'm going to have to say that The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind owns at modding. It comes with the construction set which in my opinion is so easy a 5 year old can use it and MWSE (Morrowind Script Extinder) makes it even better. since I got the game I think i've added more then enough to make another expansion pack just with my own little additions here and there. The best part is that the mods can be packaged and uploaded to be shared so everyone can use your mods. You can find a bunch of them at the website below, I'm pretty sure they're still uploading new ones every week.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.List

Oblivion also has a construction set.

If you made some mods for it, I'd sure as hell download them as long as they aren't random chests spread about with 100000 gold.

Unfortunetly I havn't played Oblivion yet, but since i'm hearing so many great things about it I'm sure i'll have it soon enough. And when I do get it (Notice I said "When" not "If"), I'll most definetly look into the construction set and try my hand in making mods again.

Also... No, my mods arn't random chests with 100,000 gold in them. That would be cheating, and pointless cheating at that. I like to try to add new stuff like playable races. In my most reacent mod I tried to add duel wielding but it didn't turn out right. I got a weapon in the off-hand but It was pretty much just there for looks because it didn't really work.

• 5 weeks later...