PRC402 - Credits Zone (Comix Zone)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 402
PRCv16-16

Hello everyone and Welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Trism picked the source, after winning PRC400, the Sonic special round. He picked the source for this round, the last round of this season.

On 12/10/2019 at 8:03 AM, Trism said:

Hi Bundeslang!

My choice for whichever PRC round my source is going into is 'Credits' from Comix Zone (https://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sega/genesis/Comix.mid)

I've always loved Comix Zone, though the game is extremely unforgiving at times. You lose health when you punch something! How unfair is that!? But regardless it's a wonderful concept that was executed fantastically by the Sega Technical Institute. I hope people enjoy this one!

Source: Comix Zone - Credits (GEN)

MIDI File

Source Information

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

The deadline is January 10th 2020 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT), check the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Make sure that the song is uploaded to ThaSauce or that there’s a download link posted in this thread.

You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that if you use ThaSauce, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix if you use ThaSauce. Of course you can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread.

Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.

Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.

The winner of this round may select the source for PRC404, the rounds after next round.

The winner of PRC400, Trism, who picked this source, can only participate by submitting a Bonus Mix. His vote is doubled in the voting stage. 

You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC ThaSauce Home Page

Edited by Bundeslang

3 minutes ago, TheVideoGamer said:

Yeah i think we need a new midi, i found some problems. The most obvious is the timing, and the lack of a substantial drum track.  Don't worry, i'll have it up in a few days. 

In fact don't bother. You've given us the wrong midi. The clip is nothing like the MIDI. This is known under the name staff roll.

Edited by TheVideoGamer

On 12/25/2019 at 3:50 PM, TheVideoGamer said:

Just out of interest, is this the end of year PRC round?

Or am i making it up...

This is the last round of this season. Next round, the start of the next season will be a special (anniversary) round.

On 12/26/2019 at 12:03 AM, TheVideoGamer said:

In fact don't bother. You've given us the wrong midi. The clip is nothing like the MIDI. This is known under the name staff roll.

Don't know the source so I don't know which one is correct.

Edited by Bundeslang

3 hours ago, Bundeslang said:

This is the last round of this season. Next round, the start of the next season will be a special (anniversary) round.

Don't know the source so I don't know which one is correct.

1. Thanks for clarifying. I’d figured it would be on.

2. I’m not sure exactly what Trism was going for, but i do know the MIDI is nothing like the YouTube video. (I think there is a source mix-up) I’m in the process of making a MIDI for this source, using the video (Not the MIDI). I haven’t done much because I want to make sure it’s the right source.

Right, here we go! Sorry it took so long, i had to find the right source, to make a MIDI out of, plus as well i had stuff on in real life. But in the end i made it. Not an easy source. Harder than i initially thought, but it's here nonetheless. Enjoy folks! Hopefully theres still time to get remixes in.

https://www.vgmusic.com/file/78360b5225b64c1b297b99601ba0c619.html#disqus_thread

Edited by TheVideoGamer

2 hours ago, TheVideoGamer said:

Right, here we go! Sorry it took so long, i had to find the right source, to make a MIDI out of, plus as well i had stuff on in real life. But in the end i made it. Not an easy source. Harder than i initially thought, but it's here nonetheless. Enjoy folks! Hopefully theres still time to get remixes in.

https://www.vgmusic.com/file/78360b5225b64c1b297b99601ba0c619.html#disqus_thread

Round extended with two days (till Friday) to give people some time to remix it with this MIDI.

13 hours ago, TheVideoGamer said:

Damn.  I think we know who's keeping this scene alive.  It's gonna be a cold, dark day when TVG moves on T_T

EDIT

PRC - PRC402

This compo will begin in on 12/23/21

Edited by HoboKa

14 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Damn.  I think we know who's keeping this scene alive.  It's gonna be a cold, dark day when TVG moves on T_T

EDIT

PRC - PRC402

I was just about to mention that lol

I have my entry rearing to go....

Guess i'll have to wait...

Edited by TheVideoGamer

19 hours ago, HoboKa said:

EDIT

PRC - PRC402

Forgot about this bug (2019 dates are changed to 2021 when I edit a round, this round started in 2019).

It's fixed now, thanks for posting.