OCR00028 - Pac-Man "Sinergia"

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

How is this not a cult favourite? It's a remarkably strong gem buried in the archaic drum-looped MIDI wasteland of the early OCR catalogue. And one of those VERY rare beasts that could even pass off as a modern mix. Dare I say it might pass the judges...? (No. No, I would not dare.)

Technically, its a pretty basic package, but it's adorned with so much personality and surprisingly interesting expansions of the source tune. I'm actually pretty stunned that something like this came so early. Very enjoyable stuff. It's a tragedy that I had forgotten this thing existed for so long. It should be one of the greats.

• 3 months later...

Now this has flavor! This ReMix is a buried treasure for sure and it's got so much to offer in such a different sounding package. The way it goes from smooth and cool to hard-hitting guitars and then the more lively part from 2:50 on and back was awesome! So much Chile soul in this one. If I had to nit-pick, I'd say my only wish was that the guitars were louder in the "Pac-Man!" parts, so that it wasn't overtaken by the singer. Still, this is a beast ReMix.

• 9 months later...

I'd have never expected to find something like this here lol.

Sinergia is actually a pretty popular rock band here in Chile. They call their style "Metal Pajarito", which literally translates to "Birdie Metal".

It's quite unlikely that the band themselves uploaded this song here though, but you never know.

P.D. If you liked this song, check other songs by these guys (you can find more in Youtube):

-

-

-

They are a fun band, with quite an interesing take on metal music. Drums and bass are amazing in most of their songs.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
It's quite unlikely that the band themselves uploaded this song here though, but you never know.

In the earliest days of OCR, djp contacted the artists and asked if he could include specific songs on the site, so Sinergia, Chris Abbott, Instant Remedy, and IIRC, Rayza's first mix (among others) were ones where djp reached out to those artists in his efforts to get music in the very beginning of the site.

In the earliest days of OCR, djp contacted the artists and asked if he could include specific songs on the site, so Sinergia, Chris Abbott, Instant Remedy, and IIRC, Rayza's first mix (among others) were ones where djp reached out to those artists in his efforts to get music in the very beginning of the site.

Ah, interesting.

I still encourage people to listen to Sinergia's music. It's hilarious and amazing. If you speak Spanish you'll love the lyrics, but the style is ridiculously fun even if you can't understand what the hell the lyrics are about.

• 1 month later...

Wow this is actually really interesting. I could see it being posted today as some kind of ""controversial"" remix. It's creative for sure, even if it's not everyone's cup of tea. I don't speak or understand Spanish but I think the song is pretty amusing and definitely 'listenable'. 

Also, side note, what is with production on old OCR being consistently not-fantastic? It's not like MUSIC sounded worse back in the day... eh whatever. This song is better than some, anyway. 

Wow this is actually really interesting. I could see it being posted today as some kind of ""controversial"" remix. It's creative for sure, even if it's not everyone's cup of tea. I don't speak or understand Spanish but I think the song is pretty amusing and definitely 'listenable'. 

Also, side note, what is with production on old OCR being consistently not-fantastic? It's not like MUSIC sounded worse back in the day... eh whatever. This song is better than some, anyway. 

The OCR standards were still improving from 1999 to 2007 or so; the production is more consistent from 2007-on.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00028 - Pac-Man "Sinergia"
  • 7 years later...