OCR00191 - Xenogears "Broken Mirror Reflection"

m68030

I havent heard the original so I cant really judge it on how well it interprets the original. When I first heard this song, I didnt like how the lyrics were cut up in the first half. After a few more listens, I came to the conclusion that it worked well, and now I think it sounds very nice. The piano nicely complements everything, and the synth work is good...One part that doesnt seem to work is the tempo change, there isnt a good transition into it, since it kinda flattens out, and starts again in the new tempo. Otherwise, the rest of this song is great. I really like the ending, it has a wonderful sweeping feel on a beatiful chord. Too bad there arent any more mixes with similar style to this one (atleast I havent encountered any)

~Blue

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At first that was one of my chief complaints about this song, but after listening to it a few times, I think it definitely adds something different. I've listened to 7 years broken for quite a while before I stumbled upon this one, so this had a lot to live up to. Still, give it a few more listens, you might end up liking it ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Lyrics below, as requested.

I've had this song for a very long time (Xenogears being one of the first games I started downloading music for) and still love it to this day. Just a beautiful song overall, a must download.

Small Two of Pieces

Run through the cold of the night

As passion burns in your heart

Ready to fight, a knife held close by your side

Like a proud wolf alone in the dark

With eyes that watch the world

And my name like a shadow on the face of the moon

Broken mirror, a million shades of light

The old echo fades away

But just you and I

Can find the answer. And then,

We can run to the end of the world

Cold fire clenched to my heart

In the blue of night

Torn by this pain, I paint your name in sound

And the girl of the dawn

With eyes of blue, and angel wings

The songs of the season are her only crown

The old echo fades away

But just you and I

We met in the mist of morning

And parted deep in the night

Broken sword and shield, and tears that never fall

But run through the heart

Washed away by the darkest water

The world is peaceful and still

The old echo fades away

But just you and I

Run to the end of the world...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This song would be truly AWESOME if it didn't sound like she was singing it in an airplane going through major turbulence(not to dis the song, sounds like a heck of a lot of work went into it). Crying shame, though. :cry:

Yeah... I felt the same way, I thought it was horrible how garbled the voice sounded, but then it kinda grew on me. I don't even notice it anymore and it actually starts sounding pretty good. Give it a chance to win you over.

• 1 month later...

I'd just like to say that I love the way this song is executed. My late best friend loved the original song, and she sung it all of the time, so Small Two Of Pieces is a rather emotional and important piece for me - And I think you remixed it wonderfully.

Well done :)

• 9 months later...

I completely agree ^. Small Two of Pieces is a truly beautiful song, my favorite (drastic understatement), and I can't stop singing it myself either. So this remix is awesome cuz it adds a different touch of that same beauty to the song. What else can I say? You've made a masterpiece, Alexander.

• 2 weeks later...

This remix has to be the most beautiful song I have ever heard. So good in fact, that this remix made me go and BUY a ps1 and the game, just to hear the original as well, which I'm glad I did. This remix is, as I sai, the most beautiful thing to ever grace my ears. Download it immediately, you will not be dissapointed. Wow. Alexander Prievert outdid himself this time, nothing more to say about this masterpiece, but if I one complaint about it, it's the fact that it only has the first verse and the chorus. Other than that, musical perfection.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

How can this song be gripping, emotional, and epic all at the same time? This really is a perfect piece to me. I love everything about the way it sounds, the way it's sang...I've played Xenogears through before twice, and now I feel the need to buy the OST just to hear more of this, though none of it will match such greatness. I especially love the buildup at 1:32 until 2:05, as well as the lyrical part that follows. Ugh, how can I pick a part that I like best?

• 3 months later...

When I listen to this song I get the mental image of a soft, dark path with a shower of glass shards (nevermind, let's say gems since they're less sharp and cut-y) raining down, catching the light of some unseen light source and refracting it into the colors of the rainbow.

I did not take LSD while listening to the song. It just rocks.

Sadly I've never played Xenogears all the way through.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00191 - Xenogears "Broken Mirror Reflection"