*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog "Sonic's Metal Marathon!"

Rexy

Here's the big one!

Contact Information

Submission Information

• Name of game(s) arranged: Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Name of arrangement: Sonic's Metal Marathon!
  • Name of individual song(s) arranged: Green Hill Zone, Marble Zone, Spring Yard Zone, Labyrinth Zone, Star Light Zone, Scrap Brain Zone, Boss Theme, Scrap Brain Zone, Stage Clear
  • Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc. "Back to my roots! This was the first game that really stuck with me as a child and so did the soundtrack. Nostalgic, mesmerizing and still fun to play now!"
(Feel free to suggest an alternative name for the arrangement, I think the above one is terrible :D)

Edited by prophetik music

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing work here, those chugs man, I need a new face.  Excellent performances, and great production.  Yes, there's a but, sadly:  it's a medley.  Each song is played one after the other without interaction between the themes, and the structure is not that of unique arrangement with climaxes, verses, etc, but just different songs chained together.  This will obliterate necks for sure but not it's not for OCR.

NO 

• Sir_NutS changed the title to 2019/06/26 - (1N) Sonic the Hedgehog "Sonic's Metal Marathon!"

When I aired this on SEGA Mixer Drive during the Season 7 premiere last year, I was once again blown away with your production prowess. The guitar tones are meaty, the balance is clean, the performances are tight, and the energy is on point. If Sir Nuts needs a new face, then I need a new full set of teeth!

Alas, the main reason why I decided to panel this one is because of its nature as a medley. There's no interplay between each of the themes, the sources come and go, and aside from the genre adaptation, there's nothing new and refreshing done to the sources themselves. Should you ever get the chance to either revise this track or do another medley, consider the idea of including parts of other sources in each section, or even the idea of interpreting one or two sources with an extra variation drastically different from the first.

It's a fun listen, absolutely, and if anyone requests it for SMD I will gladly take the chance to air it. But medleys are a no-go for OCR unless there's more considerable unification between themes and interpretation of the sources in their own right. Whatever you do, Daniel, don't stop sending tracks our way - we want more visits to the hospital!

NO

Edited by Rexy

• Rexy changed the title to 2019/06/26 - (2N) Sonic the Hedgehog "Sonic's Metal Marathon!"
  • 3 weeks later...

oh man, the initial hit is so good. real plini/arch echo sound right off the bat, i love it.

echoing others - there's zero real arrangement here. the adaptations are real nice and i'd love to hear them all by themselves, honestly - but here at OCR we need a lot more than just a bunch of covers strung together by key and theme. which is unfortunate, because i love the sound! you've got a real fun tone throughout and i like the performance a lot.

sorry mang. if you did half the tracks and wove them together, i'd be all over this. as it is right now, i can't say that it meets submission guidelines.

NO