PW: Ace Attorney - Objection! (2001) (Orchestral/Rock Drums Remix)

Xetr3

New version out now!
I tried making varying the velocities as well as adding some instruments to better suit the softer parts. I think I'm ready for review now! ;)
The idea behind this remix was to recreate one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite games. I always wondered what the Objection song wound sound like with some more oomph, so I tried it out myself.

Libraries: Hollywood Strings, Hollywood brass, ProDrummer

Old versions:
Version 1

Source 

Edited by Xetr3
New Version + ready for review

Welcome to the forum, then! Your post is looking fine, don't worry about that. Nice to see another user of Eastwest products. If you haven't already, I highly recommend looking up how use the keyswitches of those libraries to liven up the performance of your pieces (This video explains it fairly well.) If you already knew about that, then excellent. Now, I am admittedly bad at mixing myself (do not go find my earlier remix post in this forum as an example), but I think that the dynamics of your piece are a little stagnant. The notation is pretty solid, but the volume doesn't change a whole lot besides the drums coming and going. Some experimenting with note velocity could help bring it to life. That said, this is a neat treatment of the source material, so don't give up on it. Try working with dynamics a bit until someone who knows mixing better comes and offers better advice. 

Hey there, welcome back to the forums! So, what have we here? A string and brass arrangement with some bombastic rock drums and a little flute.

Firstly, I wouldn't mark this as ready for review - see the stickied post here:

The reason I say this is because it's very short, and doesn't appear to have an ending! It just... stops. You'll need to expand the arrangement much more to have a shot at being posted on the front page.

Right off the bat your samples sound way too exposed to stand up by themselves, especially the staccato brass. Once things get going, it's not so obvious. Consider reworking the intro so that your samples aren't so exposed. The break at 0:39 sounds pretty well mixed. The drums sound like they're sitting back a little too much in the mix, so maybe experiment with some EQ on them and different types of reverb to make them a little clearer. The exception is those hats in the intro that are too exposed again, and the way they're mixed makes them sound like they're not in the same room as the other instruments, so try experimenting with reverb. The over-exposure of multiple elements at the beginning suggests to me an issue with your mastering. Watch out for the gain on your master compressor!

Keep practicing and learning new things, there are some good ideas here, but it is a long way from being finished.