PC Gaming

Fishy

Bit off-topic but since this is really the first time I've spent a great amount of time with a shooter on any platform I have to ask...are the majority of players as whiney as what I've encountered? They complain you're not covering them so you shadow them and back em up. Then they complain you're "kill stealing" so you try giving em some space. Then they complain they don't have any backup again. They complain about your number of kills, your positioning, your choice of weapons, etc etc, blah blah, on and on and on. Whether you're winning or losing they never shut up. Is this typical for the genre?

It depends on the game and servers normally. On most FPS I play I change servers when I come across people like that in a large quantity and you can almost always find a server with decent players that will communicate in a productive manner. In general though those type of players exist in every online game.

I get people like that on Tactical Ops all the time. Here's the procedure:

1. Ignore

2. If they continue, vote them out.

3. If they still continue, TK them and join a different server.

Whiny gamers are so annoying because they have nothing to whine about, so at least if you try and annoy them they have something to go on. They're just sour because they suck at the game, or they take it way too seriously.

This seems to have turned into more of a tech help thread than a gaming thread :P That's the one issue I have with PCs, is that they're all so radically different, so while we get most of the great games, we have to deal with all sorts of weird problems :[

But now consoles have to deal with that too. Ever since they switched to discs, console gamers know what it's like to have loading times >:D and now with internet functionality they have to patch their games!

BTW, this is the thing I've been playing/testing:

http://www.starsiege2845.com/

I need to complain enough that they put in a targeting system and configurable components to the mechs, just like the old game, which I spent 2 or so years of my life playing online :D This particular game was announced a long time ago, and the ATR is finally out. I thought it was going to be a mod for Tribes: Vengeance [which is why I bought T:V :((((] but it turns out to be a standalone game. Bittersweet news!

I play WoW and Star Wars Battlefront 2 alot. Sometimes I play some UT and RA2, but not that often anymore.

There's a few games I'm looking forward to. Burning Crusade (of course), UT2k7, Hellgate: London, Command and Conquer 3, and Diablo 3 (whenever Blizzard gets around to actually making it instead of saying they will).

Nevermind the fact that the novelty of the franchises would have worn off by now if they kept pumping out sequels every year or two.

If the content is good then you dont need novelty to sell games. Sequels, even many of them, are not in and of themselves bad. It's only when they attempt to rely solely on brand recognition to sell instead of on actual gameplay that it hurts the franchise.