Sleepy time music

FL530

It's been about 5 years since "Esther's Dreams" came out, and I'm wondering, since I'm now a father myself, if there's any other music that would fit in the same vein, that maybe I missed. I was putting together some chiptune stuff for a potential child (and my own peaceful times), but sorta fell of the scene shortly after the aforementioned album released. I'm open to suggestions, OCR, original game music, or otherwise.

For starters, I've already thought of Zelda's Lullaby, and still have the chiptune playlist, but I don't have much access to a computer these days. I know if I can get in-game suggestions, I have the chip formats of most older (ps1 and prior) games on my phone and tablet. Thoughts?

There are the two volumes of Prescription For Sleep Game Music Lullabies, which has a total of 20 songs from Final Fantasy games, Chrono Trigger, Duck Tales, Shovel Knight, Elder Scrolls, Donkey Kong, Mario, even one from Metal Gear Solid 3.

It's entirely piano and sax, but it might work.

There's also the various music box style video game music you can find on youtube. For example:

8 hours ago, captaineegee said:

I created a playlist out of the two most recent (2015 & 2019) Chrono Trigger and Chrono Croas albums. My daughter is 5 now and seems too like both albums for nap/bedtime.

@captaineegee Thanks - this comes as a reminder that we need to enable tagging for albums, in addition to mixes. Did you do the whole albums, or specific tracks? If the latter, mind sharing? It can be a starting point for tagging posted mixes from both...

• 1 month later...

Glad y'all like it! OCR's had a special place in my heart since just near about the beginning. It really helped me flesh out my love for ambient/electro music in general but primarily through the lens of remixed VG music. And one thing the quieter stuff does is help me sleep as I have ADHD and chronic anxiety & depression - it helps soothe my mind running at a billion RPM and the melancholy mixes (such as Another Inspiration) resonate and resolve the depressive stuff. 

This site has really been a foundational and important part of my life going on 20 years now and I'm so grateful for its existence.

7 hours ago, LuckyXIII said:

And one thing the quieter stuff does is help me sleep as I have ADHD and chronic anxiety & depression - it helps soothe my mind running at a billion RPM and the melancholy mixes (such as Another Inspiration) resonate and resolve the depressive stuff.

You know, I feel the same way. I have never been diagnosed with anything, but anytime I'm really depressed or just feeling down, this ambient/electro stuff really helps me so much. Really soothes the racing mind.

I am not anxious anymore. I used to very on edge about a lot of things, and that has finally vanished completely. This is probably due to many things, but what Paul says to the Philippians often comes to mind, and really rings true: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I had no idea this site existed 20 years ago (but my brother & sister and I have found a number of tracks in our mp3 library from the late 90's that originated from OC Remix, so I guess it really has had an impact on me for that long!) But I have been listening to this collection since 2016, and am so happy for this place. Now I'm totally going through and recreating the playlist from @LuckyXIII (are there more than just the 52 tracks pictured in your post above?)

Good on you with the anxiety going away. Prescription drugs do wonders for me, personally.

And yes - here's the rest of the playlist (the play counts aren't all accurate after several hard drive switches over the years and varying degrees of success in migrating the iTunes library - also, it's not 100% OCR, but OCR is 100% why I have any of these songs):

playlist 2.jpg

• 1 year later...

It has been ONE YEAR.

Really enjoy listening to the playlists you all put together, because it often leads to some amazing rabbit trails.
Thanks to@LuckyXIII I have now been introduced to RKO. (There is a lot of listening there, and it is WORTH IT.)

There are a few items on that playlist that I cannot find anywhere:

#45 - Traversing the Ngori - Ambient People - Ambience Again (4:50)
#46 - Into the Ngori - Ambient People - Ambience Again       (5:31)
#60 - ACCIDENT - Mysterious Secret Room - Super Mushroom     (8:53)

For this next one, I identified a few candidates, but am wondering if your copy is from some other source?

#90 - Dream of the Shore Near Another World - Yasonori Mitsuda (2:33)
   Piano version by Kara Comparetto (2:19) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIraiwX96jE
   Chrono Cross OST                 (2:26) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV-FvxoR1PQ

Thanks! Have really enjoyed this!

Edited by Jonathan David Arndt
tag

On 3/15/2020 at 6:51 PM, LuckyXIII said:

Good on you with the anxiety going away. Prescription drugs do wonders for me, personally.

And yes - here's the rest of the playlist (the play counts aren't all accurate after several hard drive switches over the years and varying degrees of success in migrating the iTunes library - also, it's not 100% OCR, but OCR is 100% why I have any of these songs):

playlist 2.jpg

My kind of medicine. Big thanks!