OCR00192 - Metroid "Metro Trans Funk"

m68030

• 3 weeks later...

Funkadelic! 8)

All right, I'm stumped, where is the original tune from? And what exactly is the original tune...? :? Well, no matter, this tune is rockin'. :mrgreen: If you're tired of Metroid music that's all dark and moody and mysterious, pick up this number for a refreshing change. Very cool.

Personal rating: 8/10.

(I still dig the dark and moody music, too. ;))

• 6 months later...

I'm not sure what the original theme is called but it's well known and played in both Smash Brothers games where the acid rises. It's a little difficult to pick out, I can only recognize one part.

This is very weird, if it's only based on that theme, lots of arrangement into this. It's like a forgotten OC ReMix for me. Maybe I'll make steps to it or smth

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

For being an older mix, the processing is very good on this.

I never really got into the metroid music, but somehow i'm really feeling this track. Maybe because it has a beat now, i'm not sure.

I noticed that the mixer for this had a bunch of mixes all early on, and within a few months and then nothing. It's kindof unfortunate because I bet with a quality like this so long ago, they would really have some impressive work nowadays.

Besides the nice synths, the beat is steady if not a bit bland (I dislike the claps), but everything else is really nice.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems like nobody is listening to these pieces that I listen to. And if they do, much like me up until this second, they aren't reviewing them :/

Anywho, this is a fun take on a straightforward song and makes it... chaotically... interesting. well, not so chaotic, but it certainly breaks down the melody into a few pieces. I didn't really hear the second half of the melody (the part that doesn't repeat itself 1632 times) but that's alright, maybe if there was another section devoted to the second half of the song it would be more interesting, but it's still interesting. Good driving music for me.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
...and still am not after 7 years.

Hehe, try NINE years, not seven! Yeah, the sounds may be a little dated, but for the time that Franz did this, I'm very impressed. Hell I was in 10th grade and had never touched a DAW when he did this and I've been out of college and in the working world for almost 2 years, so mad props. Of his entire catalog on OCR, this feels like it's the most polished piece! The piece does stay fairly repetitive, but since it's short (less than 3 mins) it doesn't become overwhelming! Franz, if you're out there, come back and submit a new piece so we can hear how you've grown!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I can feel where this is going, but it's not getting there for me. Considering its age, I guess it's good, but I felt too much of the original is taken away; the key choice could also be reconsidered, and the sound could've done with some more reinforcement. Maybe I'm just too much of a Metroid freak for this one to connect with me.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00192 - Metroid "Metro Trans Funk"
  • 1 month later...

To be honest, I'm not even all that much of a Metroid fan, but I do hear Brinstar vaguely and I see the intentions of this mix. Whether those intentions were fulfilled is up to each individual listener, but for the time that this was made, I think I would have liked this in it's prime. The organ may have been the best part to me in the way it added to the mix. It's like the glue that kept me with this for the whole two and a half minutes. Not my favorite from Franz, but a nice mix all the same.