Topic of next tutorial?

zircon

What should the next tutorial be on?  

766 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next tutorial be on?

• Production (Part 2)
    • Arrangement
    • Interpretation
    • Other (please specifiy)

I like this idea but I have another one:

How about a tutorial where you show us step by step how you made/are making one of your songs? One of the worst parts about starting out is your hear all of these different techniques and such but you never really know where or when to put them, or how, or what it will sound like if you do. Its like having a treasure map with no indicators on it, you know what to do to get a good sound, you're just not sure how to get to it.

Agreed. The best tutorial that could be made would be a video showing the process on how one of your approved songs got made. You would be showing how everything is put together. Something like that would show how all your techniques are put into practice.

www.Warbeats.com has a few videos like this, but they aren't too extensive and only really touch on the basics.

For your next one (after arrangement I suppose), I vote for a compression tutorial.

Just what do all these buttons do?!

Oooh, that's a good one. I've just started to feel really comfortable and confident using a compressor. They seem so simple but they aren't. Can also have a huge effect/alteration on sound.

But anywho i bet the arrangement tutorial will prob help alot of people. I know it's something I've been knocked on for my submissions.

• 4 months later...
I already went over Compression in an earlier tutorial, part 5.

ok, several months later, I realize where the disconnect was. I was referring to a multiband compressor, since that's the only compressor I could find, and it made absolutely no sense.

It still doesn't make any sense to me, but i've learned to move on and live my life to the fullest, despite my handicap.

• 3 years later...

i realize this might be sort of late; i'm also a first time poster on OCR thou i've lurked for a bit ;P.

Anyways, i'd love to see some tutorials on arrangement, or perhaps a series of you just recording your workflow throughout an entire piece. Think it would be invaluable to us starting out :).

On a side note, have you considered livestreaming you working on a project? Maybe something small on your off time. Either way, thanks for all of the video tutorials, tip compendium, buyer tips and guides, downloadable synth and sample lists and everything you've contributed to all of us. You sir are "THE SHIT" & i can't stress that enough ;D