OC ReMix presents Shonen ReMix Jump!

Liontamer

cover.jpg

OC ReMix presents Shonen ReMix Jump!

February 27, 2020

FAIRFAX, VA... OverClocked ReMix today released its 73rd free community arrangement album, Shonen ReMix Jump! The Shonen ReMix Jump! EP arranges soundtracks from games centered around popular anime/manga from Weekly Shōnen Jump, and is directed by Malik "WiFiSunset" Williams. The album is available for free download at https://remixjump.ocremix.org.

Featuring seven tracks from six artists in a variety of styles, the album contains multiple tributes to fan-favorite franchises Dragon Ball Z, One Piece & Yu-Gi-Oh! through their games on the PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and Wii. Shonen ReMix Jump! was made by fans, for fans, and is not affiliated with or endorsed by any manga, anime, or game publisher or developer; all images, characters, and original compositions are copyright their respective owners.

Shonen ReMix Jump! also features the OCR debut of vibrant visual artwork by Sasha Petersen, younger sister of veteran OCR visual contributor Maya "rnn" Petersen (storyboard artist on Adventure Time: Distant Lands and Steven Universe). Sasha's captivating cover for Shonen ReMix Jump! include the Dragon Ball Z, One Piece & Yu-Gi-Oh! series protagonists, Monkey D. Luffy, Goku & Yugi Muto, respectively.

"It's been six years since I floated the idea for this album and I'm so ecstatic about its release!" exclaimed album director Malik "WiFiSunset" Williams. "Shonen Jump, and anime in general, has always been something I've loved, from watching Dragon Ball Z as a kid on Adult Swim (Midnight Run) to now, where there's so much of a wonderful abundance of different anime."

Shonen ReMix Jump! is the second OC ReMix community album inspired by properties originating in comics and animation, following 2014's Shell Shocked, an powerhouse rock & metal musical tribute to Konami's famous 16-bit Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games.

"I've been mulling this over for a while now, and I'm absolutely certain that we'll have a volume II sort of thing for this album in the future." album co-director Williams anticipated. "I deeply appreciate the perseverance and determination from all the artists on this album."

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans. OC ReMix operates under the umbrella and sponsorship of Game Music Initiative, Inc, a 501c3 non-profit charitable organization (EIN: 81-4140676).

###