PRC405 - It's Contra Month (Contra Shattered Soldier)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 405
PRCv17-03

Hello everyone and Welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

TheVideoGamer is very experienced in picking sources. For this round, another Contra source is selected. 

On 2/25/2020 at 10:44 PM, TheVideoGamer said:

Screw it, i'm calling Contra Month! The games need more love. The NES is a classic sure, but it's done to death. How about another from Shattered Shoulder eh? The track name is Mountains Area and is simply a stage theme. Unlike the last one which was electronic, and ravey. This one is pure rocking metal. It's definitely something for the metalheads. Might need a solo, depends on how you interpret it, but it's not hard to remix, and certain has a lot going for it. I love it, and so will you! 

Sorry it took so long, been busy with life!

And of course my own MIDI:

https://www.vgmusic.com/file/b07acd07a766387721996dc44b370f1f.html#disqus_thread

Source: Contra Shattered Soldier - Mountains Areas (NES)

MIDI File

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

The deadline is Friday March 20th 2020 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT), check the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Make sure that the song is uploaded to ThaSauce or that there’s a download link posted in this thread.

You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that if you use ThaSauce, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix if you use ThaSauce. Of course you can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread.

Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.

Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.

The winner of this round may select the source for PRC407, the rounds after next round.

The winner of PRC403, TheVideoGamer, who picked this source, can only participate by submitting a Bonus Mix. His vote is doubled in the voting stage. 

You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC ThaSauce Home Page

Edited by Bundeslang

On 3/1/2020 at 8:15 PM, Trism said:

I hate to be 'that guy', but isn't the game called 'Shattered Soldier'? And it's on the PS2, not the NES :ph34r:

I hate to be the a$$hole but....

"The NES is a classic sure, but it's done to death. How about another from Shattered Shoulder eh?" - Please read. Especially in bold.

Unless you are joking, if that's the case i'm sorry.

Edited by TheVideoGamer

7 hours ago, TheVideoGamer said:

I hate to be the a$$hole but....

"The NES is a classic sure, but it's done to death. How about another from Shattered Shoulder eh?" - Please read. Especially in bold.

Unless you are joking, if that's the case i'm sorry.

Um, my good TVG, I think Trism is referring to the PRC title a la...oh, well the NES part is the only incorrect part I see.  The rest is just the usual PRC wordplay.  My brain hurts.  over9000 edits.

Source: Contra Shattered Shoulder - Mountains Areas (NES)

btw, shattered shoulder is great wordplay there Bundeslang.  PINGAS

Edited by HoboKa

18 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Um, my good TVG, I think Trism is referring to the PRC title a la...oh, well the NES part is the only incorrect part I see.  The rest is just the usual PRC wordplay.  My brain hurts.  over9000 edits.

Source: Contra Shattered Shoulder - Mountains Areas (NES)

btw, shattered shoulder is great wordplay there Bundeslang.  PINGAS

Oh i see it now. I was looking at the page title, not the description lol. I do apologise.

My god i'm like 5 years behind. Daaaam.....

Edited by TheVideoGamer

On 2/29/2020 at 8:20 PM, Bundeslang said:

The People's Remix Competition 405
PRCv17-03

Hello everyone and Welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

TheVideoGamer is very experienced in picking sources. For this round, another Contra source is selected. 

Source: Contra Shattered Soilder - Mountains Areas (PS2)

MIDI File

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

The deadline is Wednesday March 18th 2020 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT), check the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Make sure that the song is uploaded to ThaSauce or that there’s a download link posted in this thread.

You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that if you use ThaSauce, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix if you use ThaSauce. Of course you can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread.

Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.

Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.

The winner of this round may select the source for PRC407, the rounds after next round.

The winner of PRC403, TheVideoGamer, who picked this source, can only participate by submitting a Bonus Mix. His vote is doubled in the voting stage. 

You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC ThaSauce Home Page

I fixed it, or something like that.....

Edited by TheVideoGamer

6 minutes ago, Bundeslang said:

Soilder also doesn't seem correct.:-D

Made the topic in a rush so I didn't check the game name and just copy pasted what you send in the source selection.

Yeah I’ve just realised I do say shoulder instead of Soilder. Must be attracted to shoulders or something haha....

11 minutes ago, Trism said:

I've put something together, however it only uses about 2 seconds of part of the bassline, so it might not be recognisable as an actual remix, haha!

To be fair there is no melody in this one lol. It’s like a metal track with just chords and bass haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has 2 songs and 1 Bonus Mix by TheVideoGamer. The following people compete against each other:

PlanarianHugger

Trism

To vote, do the following:

·       Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries.

·       Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen or click PM.

·       Fill in the entries from first to second in the ThaSauce form or fill in your top 3.

·       State a reasoning for it.

·       Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve, They get a 3 point bonus.

·       TheVideoGamer has a vote that counts twice.

·       Always look in this thread to find out who's the winner of the round after the voting stage instead of only looking at ThaSauce for the results. Especially since some people might vote by sending me a PM.

You have until THIS Friday, March 27th 10:59 AM ThaSauce time (11:00 UTC, 12:00 GMT) to vote.

If you vote by PM make sure that your top 3 is clear. I prefer something like this:

(To)

(Subject)

PRC ### Vote

(Message):

1: (remixer A )

2: (remixer B )

3: (remixer C )

(reasoning)

I will post the feedback given in the PM’s and the votes in this thread. The winner may choose the source tune for PRC407.

Check the ThaSauce Page to vote or click here to send a PM.

Edited by Bundeslang