SNES games I must have?

BluefoxIcy

I just got myself an FC Twin and now want to build up my SNES collection. My target is:

• Breath of Fire
    Breath of Fire 2
    Chrono Trigger
    Donkey Kong Country
    Donkey Kong Country 2
    Donkey Kong Country 3
    Earthbound
    Final Fantasy 2 (4)
    Final Fantasy 3 (6)
    Illusion of Gaia
    Kirby Super Star
    Lufia
    Lufia 2
    Secret of Mana
    StarFox
    Super Mario All-Stars & Super Mario World
    Super Mario RPG
    Super Mariokart
    Super Metroid
    Yoshi's Island
    Zelda 3: A Link to the Past

Are there any essentials I've missed? Super Punch-Out doesn't look that great.. might be a secondary for me.

Indeed there are more to be gotten...

Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts

R-Type III: The Third Lightning

Demon's Crest

Soulblazer

Actraiser

Actraiser II

Super Turrican

Super Turrican II

Castlevania IV

Castlevania: Dracula X

Sunset Riders

Ninja Warriors

MegaMan X

MegaMan X2

MegaMan X3

Space Megaforce

Contra III: The Alien Wars

TMNT IV: Turtles In Time

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

I all had this big post an' shit, until the internet ate my post. Most of it was what Coop listed, but here's a few to add:

Terranigma. EVERYONE must play this.

Metal Warriors. Fun mecha shooter, that lets you hop out of your mech and pilot other mechs in the middle of combat. Has an entertaining head-to-head mode.

Shadowrun. I'd advise checking out both this and the Genesis version; they're radically different in just about every department.

Ogre Battle. Not everyone's cup of tea, as its pretty slow-paced an' all, but if you like a giant game of Risk then this is for you.

Cybernator. Another mecha shooter, with fluid controls and animation. Pretty damn difficult, too.

Aladdin. Don't laugh, its actually really good.

On that same vein, Earthworm Jim.

Phalanx. I'm kinda surprised Coop didn't mention this little gem of a shooter. Childhood fave, even if it did make me break a controller.

Dmn so many good games.

Street Fighter2

Tales of Phantasia

Star Ocean

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (really easy though)

Also FX Racing was pretty cool, with all the polygons it's from Rare.

Secret of Mana > Legend of Zelda3

(didn't get into evermore really...goofy ass dog)

If ur into action adventure def check out zelda, secret of mana, secret of evermore, and terranigma.

P.S. Lufia2 is the prequel to Lufia1, just in case you didn't know.

three letters:

B.O.B.

Quoted for truth.

I can't remember what it stands for, but he's this yellow robot with a gun. I do remember it as a very entertaining platformer. That, and Alfred Chicken.

I was going to post a list of all the snes games I've owned that I thought were awesome, but a lot has already been covered...

SimCity killed a lot of time, as well as the Super Scope (which I still have, in working order!).

If that thing is capable of playing Super Famicom cartridges, Seiken Densetsu 3. Or buy the cart but play the English fan-translation ROM.

And for emphasis, Terranigma is one of the finest final-generation SNES titles. It was never released in NA, though, so who knows if that thing can play it. If you like Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma, the "original" in that unofficial series is Soulblazer, which is a decent little action/adventure-RPG.

Also FX Racing was pretty cool, with all the polygons it's from Rare.

Stunt Race FX was a Nintendo title, the same team that worked on Starfox worked on this game as well(Hence the cameo appearances of the Arwings in several levels)

Also, Uniracers/Unirally is a must-have. Fast and fun.

If it's region locked, but SNES pin-out, I can play it I'm sure; but I'd rather only play games in English, unless text isn't a real part of the game (RPGs in German/Japanese? No). Star Ocean I think was EU released, but I can't find it on e-bay; ToP was super famicom form and that won't work.

As for Super Scope, I'd love to obtain a working one (you know how those worked? The Nintendo official SNES developer's documentation describes them in the last chapters of Book 2, it's awesomeness; they decoded the image on the screen to find codes hidden in the graphics). They eat 6 D batteries though; I'd have to find rechargables in that size. No way am I modding a SS6 for internal Li+ or wall power.

I know Lufia 2 comes first. I'll play Lufia first since I'll get it first. From a storyline perspective, playing Lufia first is better because of the way the story is designed; they trickle in information post media res, so you're not intended to know the past before you know the future.

The heck is Gradius 3? Another RPG?

The heck is Gradius 3? Another RPG?

I think I just died a little :lol:

It's the third entry in Konami's long running and rather famous Gradius series of shmups.

And The Phalanx, I knew I forgot a few shmups and such. Tack on a vote for Super R-Type, Phalanx, Cybernator and Metal Warriors. The two Earthworm Jim games are good, as is the usually left behind Hagane. And don't forget Axelay and UN Squadron.

Secret of Evermore > Secret of Mana

Fact.

Unless you have the multi-tap adapter, in which case 3 player Secret of Mana so wins.

Haven't played Secret of Evermore, but Secret of Mana has one of the most annoying battle systems I have ever experienced.

The best football game on the whole system is ISS Deluxe. Good luck finding that, though.