MnP 112: Bubble Bobble - Main Theme

HoboKa

Results

• TheVideoGamer got 1st with 15 points. 
  • Trism got 2nd with 14 points. 
  • SethSkoda got 3rd with 13 points. 
  • HoboKa's BONUS Marching Band forgot the drummer and the reverb hall.  And this one time in band camp...
  • Dextastic's BONUS would've probably won if he didn't win last round. 

TheVideoGamer please PM me the source pick for round 113. 

Comments

Some great turnup again and some cool surprises.  Special mentions to Sethskoda for the hilarious Lil John references.  And congradurations TVG, I underestimated your remixing powers and must now hang my head in shame for 500 years.  RIP me. 

Edited by HoboKa

57 minutes ago, HoboKa said:

Results

• TheVideoGamer got 1st with 15 points. 
  • Trism got 2nd with 14 points. 
  • SethSkoda got 3rd with 13 points. 
  • HoboKa's BONUS Marching Band forgot the drummer and the reverb hall.  And this one time in band camp...
  • Dextastic's BONUS would've probably won if he didn't win last round. 

TheVideoGamer please PM me the source pick for round 113. 

Comments

Some great turnup again and some cool surprises.  Special mentions to Sethskoda for the hilarious Lil John references.  And congradurations TVG, I underestimated your remixing powers and must now hang my head in shame for 500 years.  RIP me. 

Haha thanks!

You've been here longer dude, so your more wiser than me.

Source coming soon!

Thanks for listening and voting on mine even though it was a bonus. I just wanted to mention real quick that there is actually a bassline in it - it's a sampled cello playing a bassline in a standup bass style (Vengeful Cello, if anyone is interested in checking it out) - but it didn't come through very well in the mix. Maybe it would have worked if I'd tried to mix it better.

40 minutes ago, Dextastic said:

Thanks for listening and voting on mine even though it was a bonus. I just wanted to mention real quick that there is actually a bassline in it - it's a sampled cello playing a bassline in a standup bass style (Vengeful Cello, if anyone is interested in checking it out) - but it didn't come through very well in the mix. Maybe it would have worked if I'd tried to mix it better.

Well, even if you struggled to make the sample sound genuine (to you), it's a bloody good sample.  Maybe my critical ear is full of shit.  Also, sorry about last round, on a double-take, I realized that your entry was the ideal MnP entry.  Its very hard to suss out the objective from subjective for some reason.  Good thing you still won though, eh?  Granted, Trism made an awesome tune too.  It was in the top 5 hardest votes to make thus far.

44 minutes ago, Dextastic said:

Damn.  I'm impressed.  It's 59 USD, not bad!

28 minutes ago, HoboKa said:

Well, even if you struggled to make the sample sound genuine (to you), it's a bloody good sample.  Maybe my critical ear is full of shit.  Also, sorry about last round, on a double-take, I realized that your entry was the ideal MnP entry.  Its very hard to suss out the objective from subjective for some reason.  Good thing you still won though, eh?  Granted, Trism made an awesome tune too.  It was in the top 5 hardest votes to make thus far.

My reply about the bass was to TVG, who seemed to only hear the piano as providing bass in my entry.

I went back and listened to last round again. Trism's entry was great, for sure! I liked it even more than I did when I first heard it.

55 minutes ago, Dextastic said:

My reply about the bass was to TVG, who seemed to only hear the piano as providing bass in my entry.

I went back and listened to last round again. Trism's entry was great, for sure! I liked it even more than I did when I first heard it.

Oh.  Yeah, that was an epic round.  I'll remember that one till I push up the daisies lmao.

Edited by HoboKa

10 hours ago, Dextastic said:

No worries, i still think yours was awesome, but it was a bonus, so i couldn't vote for it.

9 hours ago, Dextastic said:

Right here lol.

At least you understand haha.

Edited by TheVideoGamer

3 hours ago, Seth Skoda said:

You know, I liked Trism's mix the best, but I voted for TheVideoGamer's mix as first place because I felt that it more closely met what MnP is about. Both fantastic tracks, though. The bonus tracks were great as well.

Damn, you do my job better than me.  Least for this round rofl.  I think the last one too.  I'm probably gonna fail at too in the future at intervals, but I guess we all have our biases and ideas of how MnP should be.  Still, I'll try and be better about it.  Thanks for participating Seth! :3

8 minutes ago, Dextastic said:

BTW, I mentioned it in my vote, but I want to mention it again here. Many years ago, the band Machinae Supremacy did a totally epic metal cover of this theme which you can hear here: https://machinaesupremacy.bandcamp.com/track/sidology-3-apex-ultima

Well, I bought the album.  I think I meant to do so earlier but forgot.  Thanks! :D