Interesting Question about wireless gaming

Groovy_Duck

I, unfortunately, go to a college that uses Cisco Clean Access Agent. This college will not allow me to register my game consoles' mac addresses. I was wondering if I could use the Nintendo DS/Wii USB wifi adapter to broadcast the internet to my consoles. The Wifi adapter is basically a portable access point, which plugs into your computer USB port, that creates a wireless signal from a wired broadband connection. So I'm wondering, If I sign into CAA with the adapter plugged in, will it distribute the "signed-in" internet access? Sorry if this is confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated

If your main PC's registered on the network, then it should work in theory. The PC simply works as an access point this way, and everything behind it remains fairly well hidden.

However, it's entirely possible that the required ports for Nintendo WiFi have been blocked off by your college.

The ports and IP addresses used for the DS are as follows:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=23958242

The Wii uses a different set on certain parts, although the browser and shopping channel go through the same ports as regular internet traffic.