Odd request: good lovemaking songs

Chavous

Did anyone say Sensual Ippon and or/Ambient Gemini? Those are good. Vig's Aquatic Ambience mix is sex, too.

EDIT: FUNKY MONKEY LOVE

Most of Vig's stuff is good for it - might I also suggest Beneath the Surface? It's nice and mellow, if you're not in the mood for ram-bam-thank-you-ma'am sex.

Also, given that I'm slowly building up a playlist for just this purpose, I don't think it's an odd request at all - women have better hearing than we males (and better appreciation for what they hear than we do!) so with good music, good sex becomes great sex.

...might I also suggest Beneath the Surface? It's nice and mellow, if you're not in the mood for ram-bam-thank-you-ma'am sex.

That's exactly what I was referring to, actually. The OneUps arrangement of Aquatic Ambience from The OneUps Vol. 1 is great stuff, too. For suggestions still in the vg/OCR realm, go with some soft piano music, like all of kLuTz's songs. I also enjoy Tomorrow's Wake by Rexy for doing the deed. For outside the vgm community, my girlfriend owns a CD of spiritual Native American songs. Very soft and relaxing.

I'm in total agreement with you. My girlfriend and I don't get to use music too often, but I think it absolutly enhances the experience.

• 10 months later...

Hi Chavous

I am in the process of making such a CD as you describe. It is a compilation CD of music I have chosen myself.

I tend to stay away from music with lyrics as they complicate matters. I like to use jazz and some rock, but not hard rock.

At the moment the compilation CD I am doing featured music by: Jimmy Smith, George Benson ; (Jazz instrumental) ; Sade (6 tracks) Miles Davis (4 tracks); John Coltrane and finish with an instrumental by Jow Pass.

I tend to stay away from singers like Barry white, although many people find him good, because he has been overdone when it comes to this type of thing.

Isley

Hope this helps.

Along with the remixes and songs recommended by everyone here, try these...

Lamb - Lusty

4 80 East - The Way It Happened

Markus Ewald - Oriental Feelings (from "Ibiza Chillout - Volume 2: Disk 1)

Suisse Modular - Fly Me to the Lunar (the enitre album, if you can)

Orbital - The Girl With The Sun In Her Head

Seal - Future Love Paradise (This one's your call)

Mandalay - deep love

Thievery Corporation - Le Monde

Goldie - Sea of Tears (?)

Sex icon? How about that ol' European Unmod poster who starred in a certain TV show? >_>

As for your sex mixtape, smooth trip-hop seems to be the way to go. I'll second Massive Attack/Portishead/etc

If you're looking for something a bit sexier:

Muse - Time Is Running Out

Royksopp - Eple

Moby - First Cool Hive/I Like to Score

Midnight Juggernauts - Shadows

Basement Jaxx - Oh My Gosh

Garbage - Queer/Only Happy When It Rains/Androgyny/Temptation Waits

Puretone - Addicted to Bass

Tiga - You Gonna Want Me

Daft Punk - Around the World

Sounds perfectly normal to me. What? Don't tell me you're not a local sexual icon, Pezman.

I never said anything about me. I know the ladies love me. I know that "no" really means "Yes! Oh yes!" And I know that this jail cell they're threatening to put me in is really their naughty side taking control.