PRC408 - Ridge Raver Day (Ridge Raver Revolution)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 408
PRCv17-06

Hello everyone and Welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

TheVideoGamer was the winner of PRC406 and picked the source for this round. HoboKa posted a bonus mix, General Grunt, Silverpool64 en PlanarianHugger also participated. The difference was small, but it was again TheVideoGamer who won. 

On 4/23/2020 at 11:04 PM, TheVideoGamer said:

I haven't seen a Ridge Racer entrant in a long time, nor do many people actually remix the soundtrack, apart from the composers themselves (You know, the ones who made this kick-ass score?) So i'm going to rectify this, with one of my favourites in the series (Yes i said one, too many gems to ignore, in the whole franchise).

So the game is Ridge Raver Revolution, and the Track name is ...Dat Dan Day...A. As suggested in the title, it is a racing game, almost no different than say...Daytona or OutRun. The big difference being, that this is electronic dance music, and was maybe the first racing game to incorporate this style. Others were following along a hard rock/synth-pop approach. The main reason i picked this one is (Not for the title by the way. A lot of game composers do title their tracks with some ridiculous titles), because it has a awesome use of chords, and a lot of development, despite it coming from Hardcore Techno. When making the MIDI, i was really surprised to find how detailed the drums were, despite it coming from a genre known for more repetitive beats. All in all, we need some electronica in our lives, so i hope you guys will do wonders with this one. 

Note: I only did the instrumental, i did not include any voices. You might have to manually add them in yourself. Sorry, but that's how it is...

And of course, my own custom MIDI:

https://www.vgmusic.com/file/94f99966e3dfa13a9d8d9631fe959125.html#disqus_thread

Source: Ridge Racer Revolution (PS1) - Dat Dan Day...A

MIDI File

Source Information

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

The deadline is Saturday May 23rd 2020 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT), check the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Make sure that the song is uploaded to ThaSauce or that there’s a download link posted in this thread. +3 Days.

You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that if you use ThaSauce, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix if you use ThaSauce. Of course you can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread.

Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.

Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.

The winner of this round may select the source for PRC410, the rounds after next round.

The winner of PRC406, TheVideoGamer, who picked this source, can only participate by submitting a Bonus Mix. His vote is doubled in the voting stage. 

You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC Home Page

Edited by Bundeslang

1 hour ago, Dj Mokram said:

Great to see some Ridge Racer in there. Props to whoever comes through this round, cause hardcore is not an easy genre to arrange.

It's only a source round. If i had the chance, most of the score would be up, but i can only pick one... :P

Do what you can, the score is notorious for vocal samples, so that might be a challenge. At least it has chords and motifs. So melodic elements are ripe here.

I guess do what you can...

Edited by TheVideoGamer